Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Should I treat my good foot also?

Posted by Dana on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006567)

I have had PF for about a month now in my left foot. I'm doing everything the doctor told me to do and it is a little improved. My fear is I'm afraid it will show up in my right foot also. Of course I wear my Mephistos on both feet and wear my heel cups on both sides of my running shoes, but should I treat my right foot like I have it there also? Such as stretching, massaging the foot, etc..? Thanks in advance and also thanks for all the great post. I know I will beat this pain with all your great info. I have to add I blew it yesterday. The weather was so beautiful here and so I took my son out for a long walk in his stroller. The more I walked the better my foot felt and so when I got home I didn't ice it. BIG MISTAKE because it hurt more last night. Thanks again, Dana

Re: Should I treat my good foot also?

Forgot one more question ! on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006568)

Does anyone know if Dansko (sp?) shoes are good for people with PF who have flat feet? Do they have any kind of arch support? I love my Mephistos and running shoes, but of course would like something else. I love clogs, have always worn them, but of course the days of wooden clogs are over for me

Mary, Colorado on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006631)

Birkenstock makes clogs that are extremely comfortable and they have great arch support. The ones I wear are the 'Boston' line. They look clunky at first sight, but once they are broken in, they look like regular clogs. They are the only shoes I could find to wear to work, and although they are not as professional as I like, they beat Birkenstock sandals or tennis shoes for the world of work. I even occasionally get compliments about them!

Forgot one more question ! on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006568)

Does anyone know if Dansko (sp?) shoes are good for people with PF who have flat feet? Do they have any kind of arch support? I love my Mephistos and running shoes, but of course would like something else. I love clogs, have always worn them, but of course the days of wooden clogs are over for me

Mary, Colorado on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006631)

Birkenstock makes clogs that are extremely comfortable and they have great arch support. The ones I wear are the 'Boston' line. They look clunky at first sight, but once they are broken in, they look like regular clogs. They are the only shoes I could find to wear to work, and although they are not as professional as I like, they beat Birkenstock sandals or tennis shoes for the world of work. I even occasionally get compliments about them!