Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery and scar tissue

Posted by michael on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006578)

I left this question on the surgery page and haven't received a reply, but has anyone had edoscopic surgery after previously having the conventional pf release? I'm trying to find out if it would do any good for me to try surgery one more time.

Re: surgery and scar tissue- would seem you'd get more scar tissue??

Diane R. on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006589)

Michael - I am guessing from your subject heading that you have some 'scar tissue' you are trying to get rid of... well I have never had any PF type of surgery but have had other surgeries on my body over the years and have been told that every surgery leaves scar tissue and that trying to remove it only caused new scar tissue to form. Probably not everyone produces the same quantity of scar tissue but if you tend to be one who has problems in this area it seems unlikely further surgery would do anything but make it worse. As I said, this is just my opinion, I'm not a doctor and haven't had this particular type of surgery... so of course - you should seek medical advice and then trust your own instincts as to what to do - as you are the ultimate one to suffer the consequences of additional scarring etc. Best of luck to you.

Re: surgery and scar tissue- would seem you'd get more scar tissue??

Diane R. on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006589)

Michael - I am guessing from your subject heading that you have some 'scar tissue' you are trying to get rid of... well I have never had any PF type of surgery but have had other surgeries on my body over the years and have been told that every surgery leaves scar tissue and that trying to remove it only caused new scar tissue to form. Probably not everyone produces the same quantity of scar tissue but if you tend to be one who has problems in this area it seems unlikely further surgery would do anything but make it worse. As I said, this is just my opinion, I'm not a doctor and haven't had this particular type of surgery... so of course - you should seek medical advice and then trust your own instincts as to what to do - as you are the ultimate one to suffer the consequences of additional scarring etc. Best of luck to you.