Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am thinking about breaking down and getting the Endoscopic surgery

Posted by kelus on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006584)

I have three weeks off in June and I am thinking of contacting DR. BARRETT in Houston (the one who invented the Endoscopic surgery).
I can at least get a second opinion about my feet from a reputable doctor, UNLIKE the pieces of crap that are in/near my town.

Have any of you been to see Dr. Barrett?

My feet hurt so bad the last couple of days that I just do not know what else to do. If I wasn't a single mother, and didn't have this responsibility, I WOULD HONESTLY QUIT MY JOB AND BE A BUM. Or file for disability.

bye, Janet

Re: I am thinking about breaking down and getting the Endoscopic surgery

Lola on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006632)

My doctor's partner worked with Dr. Barrett in developing the procedure. I just had it done five weeks ago, but I am too hard-headed to let it heal like it should (I am on it too much). I think in time, I will be okay. At least I am better than before. I understand Dr. Barrett is very good. I would give him a try. But... everyone heals differently. I teach and took two weeks off, thinking I could teach sitting down. I now know I need plently of healing time OFF my foot, so be prepared if three weeks in June isn't enough time. I am glad I had the surgery, but I wish I would heal faster. Good luck, and let me know how you do.

Re: I am thinking about breaking down and getting the Endoscopic surgery

Lola on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006632)

My doctor's partner worked with Dr. Barrett in developing the procedure. I just had it done five weeks ago, but I am too hard-headed to let it heal like it should (I am on it too much). I think in time, I will be okay. At least I am better than before. I understand Dr. Barrett is very good. I would give him a try. But... everyone heals differently. I teach and took two weeks off, thinking I could teach sitting down. I now know I need plently of healing time OFF my foot, so be prepared if three weeks in June isn't enough time. I am glad I had the surgery, but I wish I would heal faster. Good luck, and let me know how you do.