Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel/foot pain

Posted by Tammy on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006593)

A few months ago I hurt my left foot. I thought that maybe I hurt it from dancing but I'm not sure anymore. The pain is in the heel and when I stretch my foot out and turn it towards to right there is a pulling in my heel. I can't stand for a long time because my foot hurts. It just throbs and sharp pain is in the heel. It also hurts to walk or stand when getting up in the middle of the night or morning. I stand up and put my weight on the right foot and my left foot is in such pain it is unbearable. I haven't gone to the doctor yet. Does this sound familiar to you. Please advise.

God Bless,
Tammy

Re: heel/foot pain

Dana on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006603)

It sounds just like my left foot. I'm still waiting for my X-ray to come back, but my doctor is pretty sure it's PF. Don't fool around with it and get yourself to a doctor. I'm still new at this (only been a month), but I have learned so much from reading this board. For example my Doctor said if the foot isn't better in 5 to 6 weeks come back and she would give me a shot of cortisone (sp?). After reading many of the post here I think I'll take a different path. Besides the Doctor there is alot you can do on your own, icing, the right shoes, etc.. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Kay on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006768)

Hi

I too think that I may have damaged my foot dancing but the pain I have is DEFINATELY in the inside of my ANKLE not my heel. My Doctor gave the tentatic diognosis of PF but having read these pages I am so much hoping she has got it wrong.

I get sever pain after resting when I first put wieght on my foot as I stand which then subsides to nothing after activity.

Is your pain in the ANKLE or on the side of your foot? - Dose anyone have any experience of PF giving pain in the ankle (kinda behind the big round bone on the inside of the foot) which is caused by PF.

Dana on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006603)

It sounds just like my left foot. I'm still waiting for my X-ray to come back, but my doctor is pretty sure it's PF. Don't fool around with it and get yourself to a doctor. I'm still new at this (only been a month), but I have learned so much from reading this board. For example my Doctor said if the foot isn't better in 5 to 6 weeks come back and she would give me a shot of cortisone (sp?). After reading many of the post here I think I'll take a different path. Besides the Doctor there is alot you can do on your own, icing, the right shoes, etc.. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Kay on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006768)

Hi

I too think that I may have damaged my foot dancing but the pain I have is DEFINATELY in the inside of my ANKLE not my heel. My Doctor gave the tentatic diognosis of PF but having read these pages I am so much hoping she has got it wrong.

I get sever pain after resting when I first put wieght on my foot as I stand which then subsides to nothing after activity.

Is your pain in the ANKLE or on the side of your foot? - Dose anyone have any experience of PF giving pain in the ankle (kinda behind the big round bone on the inside of the foot) which is caused by PF.