Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Letty Re: I've tried almost everything

Posted by Lisa on 5/06/99 at 00:00 (006595)

Trust me, I understand. I use to work out faithfully three times a week aerobically and lifting weights. I did step aerobics which I have heard is one of the absolute worst for PF. I miss the natural high from exercising too -- and the energy.
Somewhere I read that bicycling can be good for PF as long as you don't push with the ball of your foot. I've got a pool right outside my back door and I won't exercise in it because 1) the white and chunky body would scare the birds away and 2) I can't even walk barefoot in the pool.
Not feeling sorry for myself, just understanding your dilemma.
My question is: I carried Scott's pages to the health food store with me but not to my Dr. What did they say about the natural alternatives to medicines -- Vitamins, etc. Most Dr.'s will discourage them, won't they? What did you find when consulting with them?
Lisa

Re: To Letty Re: I've tried almost everything

Letty on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006619)

Well, Lisa. My husband is a physician and a true skeptic about most alternative therapies although he does believe some help but not for the reasons proported by the alternative medicine industry. I actually did not bring up the alternative therapies with my podiatrist or orthopedist knowing they would generally scoff at them. I also am a skeptic and science-oriented but after being in an accident last went to a chiropractor and a massage therapist. Without them and their healing spirit, I truly think I would not be able to move my neck today. Regular medicine just handed me pain pills and offered few treatments. So this controversy rages over alternative medicine.

Thanks for understanding the bathing suit problem. I have friends who say just get over it but it is a hang-up I cannot handle right now.
Thanks,
Letty

Re: To Letty Re: I've tried almost everything

Letty on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006619)

Well, Lisa. My husband is a physician and a true skeptic about most alternative therapies although he does believe some help but not for the reasons proported by the alternative medicine industry. I actually did not bring up the alternative therapies with my podiatrist or orthopedist knowing they would generally scoff at them. I also am a skeptic and science-oriented but after being in an accident last went to a chiropractor and a massage therapist. Without them and their healing spirit, I truly think I would not be able to move my neck today. Regular medicine just handed me pain pills and offered few treatments. So this controversy rages over alternative medicine.

Thanks for understanding the bathing suit problem. I have friends who say just get over it but it is a hang-up I cannot handle right now.
Thanks,
Letty