Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: To Lisa in Naples

Posted by Molly on 5/07/99 at 00:00 (006613)

Hi Lisa in Naples! I have to agree with you about the July and August thing :). I've had PF for only 8 months, I can't imagine having it as long as you have, I'm only 32. Is this what I have to look forward to?? I really want to return to my workout. I ice (4 to 5 times a day), stretch, elevate (2 hours a day), use orthodics, wear Birkenstocks, NEVER walk barefoot--espcially in my tile floor house, and take NSAIDS, but how much is too much? Advil was upsetting my stomach so I cut back, (I was talking four 3 times a day. It made me nervous after reading about too much can cause ulcers. I haven't tried the taping though I bought some at the drug store. I'm just confused as to how to apply it. I've followed Scott's drawings, but I'm just afraid I'll do it wrong and make my foot worse, because it never feels any better when I try it. Is it possible to tape wrong? To make it worse? This taping thing is new to me, learned about it from this page, not my Dr.

Thanks again for the 'welcome aboard' Lisa and good luck to all struggling with this monster.

Molly.