Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A New Wrinkle- Wuestion about Indocin

Posted by flo on 5/09/99 at 00:00 (006651)

To add to my pf problems...I have noticed a general weekness in my ankles in addition to the pain in my ankles. Last Thursday I fell down two steps on my front porch. I had a ride to the hospital in an ambulance. My foot was xrayed and found not to be broken but instead a severe sprain. Now a week and a few days later, my leg is black and blue in addition to my whole foot, and the swelling is incredible! The Dr. prescripted Indocin. Anyone have any experience with Indocin? It gives me some relieve...but not much. So here I am, my good foot is badder than my bad foot. whiney me.

Re: A New Wrinkle- question about Indocin

kelus on 5/09/99 at 00:00 (006667)

Flo,

Yes!! When it rains it pours. It sounds like we have alot in common with the ankle problems. If I do not wear my orthotics, my ankles turn out and I bust my butt. I have fallen so many times. My knees have permanent scars too from falling on them so much. My X-rays show that I have bad ligaments in my ankles. I also do not have hardly ANY range of motion in them either, especially my right one. Most of the time when I walk, I hardly use my ankles at all. Sometimes even when I have my orthotics in my shoes, (or not) I can be walking and my ankles just GIVE OUT ON ME. Just out of the blue, the just fall right out from under me and I hit the floor. I really am afraid that one day I am gonna break my ankle/leg/hip/foot. Walking down stairs is something I don't take in stride because it is quite an accomplishment!! This is so pathetic coming from a ***PREVIOUS***hometown state softball champion!!

I have tried the Indocin, but my stomach couldn't handle it. Did the Doctor give you the Indocin for the pain, or for the inflamation?
You also may need something else like DARVOCET. The Darvocet helps me when my feet have just about had it, and I have got to get through the day.
Oh, and also, if you are able to stay home and can stay in the bed while you get well, you could also beg your Doctor for some SOMA, and get ready to get some rest. Soma is my last resort when it comes to the point of putting a gun to my head!!

Hope this helps, Kelus

Re: A New Wrinkle- question about Indocin-Kelus

florence on 5/10/99 at 00:00 (006675)

Thanks Kelus! I'm not glad you are suffering but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I NEVER go without my orthotic. I wear them even if I'm getting up during the night to tinkle. The Dr. gave me percocet for pain and Indocin for inflamation. Then on the 21st, he want to do a bone scan. Says it is vital I take my tummy meds since he expects a flare up from the Indocin and says if that happens to call right away. He's a Gastro guy/internist. Seems the Pod Dr. and the Ortho Dr. just talk surgery. He seems to want to get to the bottom of it and find out exactly what is wrong. This is my third fall in a year. Duh...what a unique concept. Now if only I could understand what he says through his strong accent. LOL.

Re: A New Wrinkle- question about Indocin

kelus on 5/09/99 at 00:00 (006667)

Flo,

Yes!! When it rains it pours. It sounds like we have alot in common with the ankle problems. If I do not wear my orthotics, my ankles turn out and I bust my butt. I have fallen so many times. My knees have permanent scars too from falling on them so much. My X-rays show that I have bad ligaments in my ankles. I also do not have hardly ANY range of motion in them either, especially my right one. Most of the time when I walk, I hardly use my ankles at all. Sometimes even when I have my orthotics in my shoes, (or not) I can be walking and my ankles just GIVE OUT ON ME. Just out of the blue, the just fall right out from under me and I hit the floor. I really am afraid that one day I am gonna break my ankle/leg/hip/foot. Walking down stairs is something I don't take in stride because it is quite an accomplishment!! This is so pathetic coming from a ***PREVIOUS***hometown state softball champion!!

I have tried the Indocin, but my stomach couldn't handle it. Did the Doctor give you the Indocin for the pain, or for the inflamation?
You also may need something else like DARVOCET. The Darvocet helps me when my feet have just about had it, and I have got to get through the day.
Oh, and also, if you are able to stay home and can stay in the bed while you get well, you could also beg your Doctor for some SOMA, and get ready to get some rest. Soma is my last resort when it comes to the point of putting a gun to my head!!

Hope this helps, Kelus

Re: A New Wrinkle- question about Indocin-Kelus

florence on 5/10/99 at 00:00 (006675)

Thanks Kelus! I'm not glad you are suffering but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I NEVER go without my orthotic. I wear them even if I'm getting up during the night to tinkle. The Dr. gave me percocet for pain and Indocin for inflamation. Then on the 21st, he want to do a bone scan. Says it is vital I take my tummy meds since he expects a flare up from the Indocin and says if that happens to call right away. He's a Gastro guy/internist. Seems the Pod Dr. and the Ortho Dr. just talk surgery. He seems to want to get to the bottom of it and find out exactly what is wrong. This is my third fall in a year. Duh...what a unique concept. Now if only I could understand what he says through his strong accent. LOL.