Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am from AB!

Posted by Yvonne on 5/10/99 at 00:00 (006688)

Hi,
I am from Calgary.
These are the Doc's I have seen and physio and what I had done:
Dr. Nesbitt(pediatrist sp?)
Dr. Medina (pediatrist sp?/orthodics)
Lindsey park (physio/orthodics)
E'Clair (physio/accupuncture)
Dr. Kraft (chiropractor...footmax orthodics)
Orthodics in motion,Marcell (orthidics/heel cups)

I would not reccomend Medina! He seemed to give up to easy and want to give me shots!
I liked the physio at E'Clair (Jerry) he was good and was open to other forms of treatment in conjuction with physio. But I just stopped getting better and money was running out!
Nesbitt is supposed to be really good, but he did not dazzle me too much or do any thing special. and good luck trying to get in!
I have heard of Dr. Russel, I think I passed this one along to you already.
I would love to find the right doc, but just not enough time in a day to do all the appointments! That is another thing that frusterates me with this condition!

I am not sure if I helped much, probably not...sorry.
Yvonne

Re: I am from AB!

Trish on 5/10/99 at 00:00 (006697)

Thanks for your response. How long have you had PF and what has helped? Have you heard of a Dr. Pamela Hopper (Scottish podiatrist),private clinic in Calgary?? I'm considering making the trip to Calgary to see her; she is anti-surgery and believes in the footmax orthotic...I know you can get footmax from other Dr.s, in Edm. also (where I live) but apparently some of them know how to use the machine better than others. She's supposed to be excellent (my Mom heard her on a talk show on the radio a couple of yrs. ago - maybe it was her who invented this machine???? I forget now). Actually I was all set to see her last fall and then my apt. got cancelled because she took several wks. off work due to a back injury So I may follow up on this, just wondered if you had heard of her. By the way, I've spent tons of $$ on orthotics over the past 7 yrs. and none of them have been great, some have made it worse. Mostly now I wear Birks but I often have days/weeks of severe pain. I'm interested in hearing your story. thanks. Trish

Re: I am from AB!

Trish on 5/10/99 at 00:00 (006697)

Thanks for your response. How long have you had PF and what has helped? Have you heard of a Dr. Pamela Hopper (Scottish podiatrist),private clinic in Calgary?? I'm considering making the trip to Calgary to see her; she is anti-surgery and believes in the footmax orthotic...I know you can get footmax from other Dr.s, in Edm. also (where I live) but apparently some of them know how to use the machine better than others. She's supposed to be excellent (my Mom heard her on a talk show on the radio a couple of yrs. ago - maybe it was her who invented this machine???? I forget now). Actually I was all set to see her last fall and then my apt. got cancelled because she took several wks. off work due to a back injury So I may follow up on this, just wondered if you had heard of her. By the way, I've spent tons of $$ on orthotics over the past 7 yrs. and none of them have been great, some have made it worse. Mostly now I wear Birks but I often have days/weeks of severe pain. I'm interested in hearing your story. thanks. Trish