Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron in Calgary

Posted by John, on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006726)

Trish,
I have been speaking with Dr. Nesbitt at the Calgary Foot Care Clinic, and his associates at Orthopaedic Associates. They are hoping to get the Health Ministry to put an OssaTron in Calgary for the treatment of Plantar Fasciitis, tennis elbow, various tendinitisis, and fractures that will not heal naturally. There is some preliminary interest in Edmonton as well, but the MD there had a major health problem and will be off for a while. If you want to chat about it, give me a call.

Re: OssaTron in Calgary

Trish on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006737)

What exactly is an Ossatron?? I think I read about it somewhere on this site but I forget now, I think I remember something about it being a painful treatment?....Also have you heard of a podiatrist in Calgary, Dr. Pamela Hopper? I might drive done there to see her because she makes the footmax orthotic. You can get it made in Edm. too but apparently it makes a difference how the machine is operated and I heard she was among the best. Not sure if my source was good though (radio talk show my Mom heard). Any feedback??

John on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006745)

The Ossatron is a Kidney Lithotripter that has been modified to treat various Orthopaedic problems. It is very expensive and there is only one operational site open to the public in North America at this time. This is about to change as the clinical study results come in. As far as being painfull, that was true in the begining. The freezing protocall has been dramatically improved since treatments began in Nov.98. Hopefully the group in Calgary will be successful in getting their program. Beware of low powered versions of the OssaTron that require alot of retreatments. A second group in Calgary has already sent such a device back to it's manufacturer to keep. Good Luck!

Trish on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006797)

Thanks for your response. What exactly is a Kidney Lithotripter and how does it work on PF?? Care to educate me?!

John on 5/13/99 at 00:00 (006815)

Trish,
If you are interested in how this new technology works, call me at 905-939-8607. Don't worry I am not trying to sell anything.

Trish on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006737)

What exactly is an Ossatron?? I think I read about it somewhere on this site but I forget now, I think I remember something about it being a painful treatment?....Also have you heard of a podiatrist in Calgary, Dr. Pamela Hopper? I might drive done there to see her because she makes the footmax orthotic. You can get it made in Edm. too but apparently it makes a difference how the machine is operated and I heard she was among the best. Not sure if my source was good though (radio talk show my Mom heard). Any feedback??

John on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006745)

The Ossatron is a Kidney Lithotripter that has been modified to treat various Orthopaedic problems. It is very expensive and there is only one operational site open to the public in North America at this time. This is about to change as the clinical study results come in. As far as being painfull, that was true in the begining. The freezing protocall has been dramatically improved since treatments began in Nov.98. Hopefully the group in Calgary will be successful in getting their program. Beware of low powered versions of the OssaTron that require alot of retreatments. A second group in Calgary has already sent such a device back to it's manufacturer to keep. Good Luck!

Trish on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006797)

Thanks for your response. What exactly is a Kidney Lithotripter and how does it work on PF?? Care to educate me?!

John on 5/13/99 at 00:00 (006815)

Trish,
If you are interested in how this new technology works, call me at 905-939-8607. Don't worry I am not trying to sell anything.