Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortizone Shots

Posted by Debbie on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006757)

After wearing orthotics successfully for several years to aleviate PF - the pain has now returned with a vengence. New orthotics were
made in Jan 99 but the pain still persisted. Last week I could no
longer stand feeling like an invalid and consented to my first of three shots (on Wednesday) - By Sunday my foot felt 75% better than it has all year. Is this a good sign or just a temporary high?
I have 2 more shots to go and they are SOOOOO painful :~(

Re: Cortizone Shots

Bea on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006760)

I'm sorry to have to tell you but it is just temporary and You should seriously reconsider taking the additional shots. They can do a lot of damage and the results are tmporary if anything.

ken on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006763)

Why aare you having 3 shots. Each one should last at least 6-8 weeks. I have had a couple and they do work temporarily. I am not against them because I think they reaaly help your body heal. To me if given correctly they were not that painful. They do hurt for a couple of days but they can do a lot of good.

Brenda on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006769)

I had a cortizone shot on February 22 and my pf has now returned (last 2 weeks) with a vengence. The shot hurt a lot and was only temporary relief. The shot is not a 'cure' just glosses over the symptoms. Carefully reconsider a series of shots!

Cyndie on 5/13/99 at 00:00 (006831)

I just had coritzone shots for the 1st time on Tues 5/11 - in both feet. I've had PF/heel spurs for over 6 years & I'm only 34. (Had bunion surgery at 16). My podiatrist said I suffer from Equinas (anyone familiar with this?), a heriditary extreme flat foot disease. He said surgery may be the way to go, but we're trying these shots & building up my orthotics. He's putting in a 3/4' heel lift & cushiony insole. He also said these shots should last about 2 weeks; and he mentioned a 3-shot series as well. While they were a little painful, not nearly as bad as I feared, I'm walking on the flat bottoms of my feet for the first time in years. To make the shots less painful, he sprayed the injection areas with some cold stuff which numbed the area. But it still was a bit painful. I honestly don't want to get them again, but they beat surgery. I am thrilled tho' that I can walk without limping on the bottoms of my feet, not the sides. But if anyone is familiar with Equinas or knows of a website that discusses it, I'd like to know. It is a new one to me.

Bea on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006760)

I'm sorry to have to tell you but it is just temporary and You should seriously reconsider taking the additional shots. They can do a lot of damage and the results are tmporary if anything.

ken on 5/11/99 at 00:00 (006763)

Why aare you having 3 shots. Each one should last at least 6-8 weeks. I have had a couple and they do work temporarily. I am not against them because I think they reaaly help your body heal. To me if given correctly they were not that painful. They do hurt for a couple of days but they can do a lot of good.

Brenda on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006769)

I had a cortizone shot on February 22 and my pf has now returned (last 2 weeks) with a vengence. The shot hurt a lot and was only temporary relief. The shot is not a 'cure' just glosses over the symptoms. Carefully reconsider a series of shots!

Cyndie on 5/13/99 at 00:00 (006831)

I just had coritzone shots for the 1st time on Tues 5/11 - in both feet. I've had PF/heel spurs for over 6 years & I'm only 34. (Had bunion surgery at 16). My podiatrist said I suffer from Equinas (anyone familiar with this?), a heriditary extreme flat foot disease. He said surgery may be the way to go, but we're trying these shots & building up my orthotics. He's putting in a 3/4' heel lift & cushiony insole. He also said these shots should last about 2 weeks; and he mentioned a 3-shot series as well. While they were a little painful, not nearly as bad as I feared, I'm walking on the flat bottoms of my feet for the first time in years. To make the shots less painful, he sprayed the injection areas with some cold stuff which numbed the area. But it still was a bit painful. I honestly don't want to get them again, but they beat surgery. I am thrilled tho' that I can walk without limping on the bottoms of my feet, not the sides. But if anyone is familiar with Equinas or knows of a website that discusses it, I'd like to know. It is a new one to me.