Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks Brenda

Posted by Rebecca on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006780)

Thanks for your reply, but i may not have been clear on this, insurance pays for infertility dx (diagnostics, not the treatment as they don't consider IF a disease or disability).

I have no idea how you could overcome your sisters abortions. I myself am pro-choice but not as a means of birthcontrol. I am mad enough at every pregnant woman i see smoking!!!

Thank you for your kind words! Thanks so much,

Rebecca

Re: Thanks Brenda

Brenda on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006781)

I understand insurance pays for the infertility tx and not the treatment - I had the same problem. They paid for the 'dye in the tube procedure', laproscopies(3), counseling, etc., but wouldn't pay for the IVF or the surgery to clear the tube blockage. Insurance will pay for seeing a therapist or counseling when you get so mentally screwed up from infertility! Go figure! (A man in my office and his wife tried IVF for 3 years [big $$$$$] and it did not work. She got pg twice but lost both in first few weeks).

Rebecca on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006783)

Brenda, there is this FANTASTIC site called 'fertilethoughts'. It's an online support group, several actually for IF folks. It's my Rock! Great place for info and support! Especially Hope's Journey. They guys who run the site keep it clean from pranksters and other idiots and it's wonderful! It's at http://www.fertilethoughts.net

Insurance companies are screwed up but with the constantly increasing number of infertile couples is forsee change. But will it come soon enough for me? Who knows, probably not.

Rebecca

Brenda on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006781)

I understand insurance pays for the infertility tx and not the treatment - I had the same problem. They paid for the 'dye in the tube procedure', laproscopies(3), counseling, etc., but wouldn't pay for the IVF or the surgery to clear the tube blockage. Insurance will pay for seeing a therapist or counseling when you get so mentally screwed up from infertility! Go figure! (A man in my office and his wife tried IVF for 3 years [big $$$$$] and it did not work. She got pg twice but lost both in first few weeks).

Rebecca on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006783)

Brenda, there is this FANTASTIC site called 'fertilethoughts'. It's an online support group, several actually for IF folks. It's my Rock! Great place for info and support! Especially Hope's Journey. They guys who run the site keep it clean from pranksters and other idiots and it's wonderful! It's at http://www.fertilethoughts.net

Insurance companies are screwed up but with the constantly increasing number of infertile couples is forsee change. But will it come soon enough for me? Who knows, probably not.

Rebecca