Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TO: REBECCA

Posted by kelus on 5/12/99 at 00:00 (006804)

Hi Rebecca,

I wanted to share my experience with you: I am 34 years old, and I was married twice during my twenties. I tried to get pregnant, and never did. A few years after my divorce, I was found to have a pituitary tumor which secretes an excess of the hormone, PROLACTIN. Too much prolactin caused you NOT to ovulate. (it also caused me not to have periods).
This is a small, benign tumor that is too small to take out, so the doctor gave me medicine to surpress the excretion of the Prolactin, and I began to ovulate. In 1995 I got pregnant, and I now have a 30 month old blue eyed boy.

I am not sure if you have been tested for everything that could be wrong, but please ask your doctor if he has checked your prolactin.

I tell ya, when I was wanting a baby so bad, and saw people getting abortions it makes me sick. I am absolutely NOT pro-choice in any way, shape or form. Just last year, my friends co-worker got pregnant and decided to get an abortion. Both my friend and myself told her that we would adopt her baby if she would just complete the pregnancy. BUT, she chose to abort it anyway.
I just don't get it. I JUST DON'T GET IT.

I have to admit that I agree with another poster that had written to you that it is very hard to accept her child not getting to know the person she used to be before she had the PF. I used to be so active, and now I don't even feel like taking my son to the park.
IT IS SO SAD THAT WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY THAT NO ONE CAN COME UP WITH A CURE. This is something that is hard to accept!

You are in my prayers, Kelus