Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for encouragement !

Posted by Judy on 5/13/99 at 00:00 (006834)

Thanks to all for words of encouragement. Have been wearing pronator wraps everyday this week and seems to bring some relief.

Decided to not go for shots.

Podiatrist. said she could make me an orthotic that could be used for sports (step aerobics & aerobics), but the cost is outragous, $350.00 NOT covered by insurance. Think I'll stick to Lady Foot Locker Cross Trainer insoles for the time being..... and not go for aerobics, but try walking instead. (The weather has been glorious)..

Again, thanks for all advice and encouragement.

Question: Is anyone affected by changes in weather? I find my feet really hurt when changes in weather are occuring.

Re: Thanks for encouragement !

Brenda on 5/14/99 at 00:00 (006842)

As a matter of fact, the weather does seem to intensify the pain. Last week we had cool, rainy weather and my heel was absolutely horrific. Today it is cool and raining again and my heel feels like nails are being pounded into it. My hubby mentioned the possibility of cool, damp weather being a culpit when the pain increases, but I dismissed that notion - but now I believe he might be on to something. I think I'll mention this therory to my doctor this afternoon.

Lisa on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006863)

I am surprised the dr. mentioned step aerobics or aerobics. One of the contributing factors to PF is step aerobics -- or at least it can cause it to flare.

I did a step-machine for 4 years. Although I've had PF in both feet for 10+ years, my PF has gotten the worst in the last 4 years, each year getting worse and worse. I have done a lot of reading on PF and found a direct connection to step aerobics.

Brenda on 5/14/99 at 00:00 (006842)

As a matter of fact, the weather does seem to intensify the pain. Last week we had cool, rainy weather and my heel was absolutely horrific. Today it is cool and raining again and my heel feels like nails are being pounded into it. My hubby mentioned the possibility of cool, damp weather being a culpit when the pain increases, but I dismissed that notion - but now I believe he might be on to something. I think I'll mention this therory to my doctor this afternoon.

Lisa on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006863)

I am surprised the dr. mentioned step aerobics or aerobics. One of the contributing factors to PF is step aerobics -- or at least it can cause it to flare.

I did a step-machine for 4 years. Although I've had PF in both feet for 10+ years, my PF has gotten the worst in the last 4 years, each year getting worse and worse. I have done a lot of reading on PF and found a direct connection to step aerobics.