Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for your replies to my venting!

Posted by Rebecca on 5/14/99 at 00:00 (006845)

Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement (mostly :) ) it is very much appreciated!

Re: Thanks for your responses

BarbJ on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004369)

Thanks to all for your responses. What a lifesaver this site is! Diane I have tried Birks and they don't work for me--mostly because the arch support hits my foot wrong. I have tried several styles and find the sizing for the Birks just doesn't work for me. I do have a pair of Mephisto sandals which fit well and have a good arch support which hits my foot just right. I wear these around the house all the time but find I can't wear them all day. I wear a pair of Brooks running shoes with my orthotics during the day at work. They have a very deep heel to accommodate the lift in the heel of the orthotic. I can't tell you how much money I have spent on shoes over the last two years--more than in the last 20 years, that's for sure! I will go to PT at least one more time tomorrow to see if it's as bad this time and then if it is I will definitely give it up. I am thinking I need a wheelchair next--but don't have the guts somehow. The only time my feet feel good is when I am not on them... Well, enough whining. Thanks again to everyone who reads and responds and shares and thanks, Scott for maintaining this site.

Re: Thanks for your responses

janet on 2/04/99 at 00:00 (004457)

Hi Barb--I threw in the towel--so to speak--and began using a wheel chair last summer. My pain was so bad that I really had no choice. I was in the chair for about 3-4 weeks straight, then just as needed (for malls...). For me, breaking down and using a wheelchair was a bit depressing. However, now that I look back on it, it was the best thing I've done for myself in the 4 years I've had PF. My feet are actually, sloooowly on the mend. In addition to the chair I've had a few steroid injections, I wear night splints, go to PT, and keep off my feet as much as possible. In addition, my insurance pays the $50.00/month to rent the chair. Good luck!