Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone tried magnetic therapy -- magnetic insoles?

Posted by Lisa on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006865)

Just talked to a distributor of Nikken products who works at a local Health Food store. They suggested I try magnetic insoles in my shoes. I wondered if anyone has more information or any personal experience with magnetic insoles for their PF?

I have the insoles that I've been wearing for 5 days now. I put them right over the top of my orthotics. They're thin, so you can't tell they are in there. I was told that they increase the circulation in the feet and this promotes healing. I did lots of research online to learn more. I can say the burning and swelling isn't so intense, even after 5 days. I'm hoping to see some long term benefits. I am still willing to try anything to help ease the pain.

Any personal knowledge or experiences???

Thanks.

Re: Anyone tried magnetic therapy -- magnetic insoles?

Andi K. on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006877)

I wore the Nikken Magsteps for about 6 months. Unfortunately, I saw no benefit to doing so. The distibutors say that the magnets increase circulation and that they will give you more energy. I didn't see any difference. Good luck.

Michelle on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006879)

I tried a pair of Homedics magnetic insoles and found that they caused a lot of pain i9n the balls of my feet. The pain was so intense that then I took my shoes off, I had to walk on my heels for a few hours. I didn't notice any difference after wearing them for about 12 days. Good Luck!!

WANDA on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006881)

hello, I to bought the nikken magnets for $77 and I believe they helped for about 3 weeks,or maybe it was that I wanted them to so bad that I told my mind to work.I have a big magnet that I put on my lower back and I swear it works good,I really don't know what the difference would be. Be sure when you get the magnets that you get the BIPOLAR MAGNETS.I've been putting the magnets in my shoes lately and no luck. But as we all say everyone is different,I really hope that you can get some relief , stay positive Bye!

Judy on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006884)

I am still trying to decide if the insoles help. Have the Nikkon type and wore them 'bumps' up for a full day of running around at work. When I got home that evening, I was in so much pain I took three motrin, iced and went to bed.

My poditrist sells them in her office! She doesn't claim they will do any good, but if you want to give it a shot, go for it.

I do find they ease some of the pain. Hope we both have good results.

Bea on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006885)

I have a velcro bandage type thing with magnets that I can position in different ways. When I have a lot of pain I put on the bandage with magnets on each side of my foot and it does relieve the pain somewhat. Not a major stopping of the pain but enuff to make a difference.

Lisa on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006897)

Well, it's been about one week since I've been wearing the magnetic insoles and today, thus far, I have minimal pain in my left foot and about a 2 on a 1-10 scale in the right, which by the way is my surgery foot of 6 weeks ago. Don't know if it's the insoles or all the supplements I've been taking for the last 3 weeks, but something is working! Yea!!! One day of relief is worth smiling and writing about!!!!

I'm even comfortable in my Birks today!

Andi K. on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006877)

I wore the Nikken Magsteps for about 6 months. Unfortunately, I saw no benefit to doing so. The distibutors say that the magnets increase circulation and that they will give you more energy. I didn't see any difference. Good luck.

Michelle on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006879)

I tried a pair of Homedics magnetic insoles and found that they caused a lot of pain i9n the balls of my feet. The pain was so intense that then I took my shoes off, I had to walk on my heels for a few hours. I didn't notice any difference after wearing them for about 12 days. Good Luck!!

WANDA on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006881)

hello, I to bought the nikken magnets for $77 and I believe they helped for about 3 weeks,or maybe it was that I wanted them to so bad that I told my mind to work.I have a big magnet that I put on my lower back and I swear it works good,I really don't know what the difference would be. Be sure when you get the magnets that you get the BIPOLAR MAGNETS.I've been putting the magnets in my shoes lately and no luck. But as we all say everyone is different,I really hope that you can get some relief , stay positive Bye!

Judy on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006884)

I am still trying to decide if the insoles help. Have the Nikkon type and wore them 'bumps' up for a full day of running around at work. When I got home that evening, I was in so much pain I took three motrin, iced and went to bed.

My poditrist sells them in her office! She doesn't claim they will do any good, but if you want to give it a shot, go for it.

I do find they ease some of the pain. Hope we both have good results.

Bea on 5/15/99 at 00:00 (006885)

I have a velcro bandage type thing with magnets that I can position in different ways. When I have a lot of pain I put on the bandage with magnets on each side of my foot and it does relieve the pain somewhat. Not a major stopping of the pain but enuff to make a difference.

Lisa on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006897)

Well, it's been about one week since I've been wearing the magnetic insoles and today, thus far, I have minimal pain in my left foot and about a 2 on a 1-10 scale in the right, which by the way is my surgery foot of 6 weeks ago. Don't know if it's the insoles or all the supplements I've been taking for the last 3 weeks, but something is working! Yea!!! One day of relief is worth smiling and writing about!!!!

I'm even comfortable in my Birks today!