Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Gordon re: repost

Posted by Lisa on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006892)

Hello, Gordon. I posted a message to you once before after reading your post on Candida, etc. since I found out I had Candida more than 10 years ago. Anyway, I believe that many food/environmental allergies (gut-related problems) can produce symptoms like inflammation and arthritis, etc. including PF.

My question to you is: how did you know burning your esophagus was due to the crystallized Vit C? I have been taking crystallized Vit C for 3 weeks now at 2000 mg. per meal (3 times a day). I tried to locate this information in my nutritional books but couldn't find anything on this form of Vit. C. Ester-C was recommended.

Please give more information if you can.

Lisa

Re: To Gordon re: repost

Carol E. on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006895)

I can't seem to find my info right now but some time ago I searched the net for a source of powdered vit C because I gag on those huge 1000mg pills. There is a site called Cforyourself.com that has tons of info on vit c. I learned that many people can't tolerate straight ascorbic acid because it is very acidic and it upsets their stomach and if you mix the powder into a liquid to drink it---it can eat the enamel off your teeth---I can see where it might burn your esophagus. Ester C is basicly a buffered vit C but it is an expensive way to go. Many people buy a different version of vit C called mineral ascorbates where the vit C is bound to a mineral which buffers it. This could be calcium ascorbate or sodium ascorbate. They say that they have no taste, don't upset your stomach and take longer to assimilate into your system. Because of this they suggest that you can mix equal amounts of powdered ascorbic acid with maybe the powdered calcium ascorbate and you end up with a very effective time-release vit C. I don't know if this helps but it is something to consider.

Re: To Gordon re: repost

Carol E. on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006895)

I can't seem to find my info right now but some time ago I searched the net for a source of powdered vit C because I gag on those huge 1000mg pills. There is a site called Cforyourself.com that has tons of info on vit c. I learned that many people can't tolerate straight ascorbic acid because it is very acidic and it upsets their stomach and if you mix the powder into a liquid to drink it---it can eat the enamel off your teeth---I can see where it might burn your esophagus. Ester C is basicly a buffered vit C but it is an expensive way to go. Many people buy a different version of vit C called mineral ascorbates where the vit C is bound to a mineral which buffers it. This could be calcium ascorbate or sodium ascorbate. They say that they have no taste, don't upset your stomach and take longer to assimilate into your system. Because of this they suggest that you can mix equal amounts of powdered ascorbic acid with maybe the powdered calcium ascorbate and you end up with a very effective time-release vit C. I don't know if this helps but it is something to consider.