Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Clogs!!!!

Posted by Roberta on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006896)

I have been reading with interest all the conversation about shoes. For me it is a non issue. I have had PF now for 4 months and at this point I only wear clogs. When I wear them I can forget I have any problems with my foot. As far as I can tell, because the arch doesn't move at all it doesn't cause any discomfort. Also, you bend your toes slightly to hold the clogs on, which feels good. I have two pairs of clogs and as long as you have the wooden sole kind they all seem to work fine. The newest ones I have were made in Sweden and they are awesome. They have a wooden sole, but really thick rubber bottom that provides cushion and I guess is supposed to be really good for your back. All I know is that they are SO COMFORTABLE. I put them on and my feet smile - something they don't do too much these days. Especially today, since I decided I had to go running yesterday (not in clogs). I can't compare them to birks because I have never worn them and never will. Oh, and one more things you can even wear clogs with dresses and still look pretty. An all purpose shoe really.

No I do not have a job selling clogs.

Re: Clogs!!!!

lisa on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006908)

where did you get your clogs from?

Alison on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006909)

Yes ! I have become a recent convert (March'99). However (always something) the Dansko Professionals I've got seem pretty high. I've rarely had to or wanted to wear heels. I figured 'hey, I'm short why kid myself'. There are times when they seem to cause my quadriceps to cramp up. Leg cramps are my latest ailment, my feet are doing ok. Would you recommend any other makes of clogs ? Are any good for walking ? I work in New York City and take mass transit so my legs and feet get a workout - or a beating dailey.

May I vent ? My car was stolen thursday!

Sue on 5/17/99 at 00:00 (006921)

What brand and model do you have? I took back Birk Arizona today and bought Mephisto Rush. Have worn New Balance for 2 months and they haven't helped much.I am interested in trying clogs.

Marilyn on 5/17/99 at 00:00 (006937)

Mephisto clogs are great!! They are better for my feet than any other shoe. Ive been wearing them for a long time.I keep trying sneakers, but can't wear them. I'm going to have custom orthodics made, so maybe they will help and I can wear sneakers. We'll see. Marilyn

Roberta on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006956)

Hello

I got my clogs at this store in Seattle that sells only clogs. It is a great store and the owner is the awesome Greek guy. He said they have stores in Portland and San Fran as well. Sorry, I at the moment I can't remember was that are called, though I want to say Bastad - with some wierd accent in there somewhere. They are Swedish. I will go home and look and the box and then let you know. I swear, they are the only way to go.

Roberta on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006957)

Okay, I just did a little browsing. They are called Bastad Clogs. The style I have is #5083 - which is awesome because it has a slightly thicker, cushier sole. Anyhow, there are a couple web sites that have them.

lisa on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006908)

where did you get your clogs from?

Alison on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006909)

Yes ! I have become a recent convert (March'99). However (always something) the Dansko Professionals I've got seem pretty high. I've rarely had to or wanted to wear heels. I figured 'hey, I'm short why kid myself'. There are times when they seem to cause my quadriceps to cramp up. Leg cramps are my latest ailment, my feet are doing ok. Would you recommend any other makes of clogs ? Are any good for walking ? I work in New York City and take mass transit so my legs and feet get a workout - or a beating dailey.

May I vent ? My car was stolen thursday!

Sue on 5/17/99 at 00:00 (006921)

What brand and model do you have? I took back Birk Arizona today and bought Mephisto Rush. Have worn New Balance for 2 months and they haven't helped much.I am interested in trying clogs.

Marilyn on 5/17/99 at 00:00 (006937)

Mephisto clogs are great!! They are better for my feet than any other shoe. Ive been wearing them for a long time.I keep trying sneakers, but can't wear them. I'm going to have custom orthodics made, so maybe they will help and I can wear sneakers. We'll see. Marilyn

Roberta on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006956)

Hello

I got my clogs at this store in Seattle that sells only clogs. It is a great store and the owner is the awesome Greek guy. He said they have stores in Portland and San Fran as well. Sorry, I at the moment I can't remember was that are called, though I want to say Bastad - with some wierd accent in there somewhere. They are Swedish. I will go home and look and the box and then let you know. I swear, they are the only way to go.

Roberta on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006957)

Okay, I just did a little browsing. They are called Bastad Clogs. The style I have is #5083 - which is awesome because it has a slightly thicker, cushier sole. Anyhow, there are a couple web sites that have them.