Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OUCH!!!!

Posted by Terri on 5/16/99 at 00:00 (006913)

Hi everyone--I was having pain in my foot for two weeks before I went to my foot dr. last Tuesday. He said it was plantar faciitis and gave me a cortisone shot and said to rest it and I would feel better in a few days. It is now Sunday night, and I am still in pain (not as severe all over the foot, but there is about a quarter sized placed on my heel which really burns). Anyway, my question is: is this normal with plantar faciitis? Should I still be in pain 5 days later? How long does it take for the pain to subside? And is it also kind of like a burning pain? Thanks for your help.

Re: OUCH!!!!

Alicia on 5/17/99 at 00:00 (006944)

Terri: Good questions. You are not alone in not having relief from the injection. There are many schools of thought about the cortisone shots. Everyone is different and no one treatment is the cure or even helps everyone. Please go to the top of this message board and click on Scott's homepage - Read his excellent information about plantar fasciitis. There is a lot of info to sort through. Good luck.

Re: OUCH!!!!

Alicia on 5/17/99 at 00:00 (006944)

Terri: Good questions. You are not alone in not having relief from the injection. There are many schools of thought about the cortisone shots. Everyone is different and no one treatment is the cure or even helps everyone. Please go to the top of this message board and click on Scott's homepage - Read his excellent information about plantar fasciitis. There is a lot of info to sort through. Good luck.