Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

forgot to ask a question

Posted by kelus on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006961)

Alex, what type of test revealed your tumor? Was it an x-ray....or a bone scan or a MRI?

thanks

Kelus

Re: forgot to ask a question

Alex on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006965)

No tests performed other than the doctor touching the 'lump' below the skin about the size of a 'bb'. No options given for treatment.
The remains of the nerve have been 'buried' in some muscle tissue and I'm now going to PT having eletro stimulation to areas of the foot. Random stabbing pain in big toe and along the 6 inch incision along the arch of the left foot. Physical therapists are 'amazed' at the radical removal of the fascia and nerve for a simple 'lump'.

I've read Scott's 18 page document and found a warning to NEVER HAVE SURGERY for pain in the arch of the foot. Wish I (or my doctor) had found this site before the surgery, although I was lead to believe this was a routine procedure and the only risk was delaying the surgery.

Thanks for your response and concern.

Alex on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006967)

Kelus,
No formal tests performed (i.e. X-ray, MRI etc). The doctor just touched the 'bb sized' lump and diagnosed. There was no pain to the touch, just occasional throbbing for a minute or two. Again my concern was knee pain which I assumed was being caused by my favoring the left side of my foot. Here's a quote from Scott's 18 page document on Plantar Fasciitis: 'damage to the long plantar ligament (pain should be deeper and not sensitive to touch - should be treated identically to PF, but DO NOT get the PF release surgery), '

Wish I (or my doctor) had found this site before Surgery !!

Thanks for your concern !!!

Alex on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006965)

No tests performed other than the doctor touching the 'lump' below the skin about the size of a 'bb'. No options given for treatment.
The remains of the nerve have been 'buried' in some muscle tissue and I'm now going to PT having eletro stimulation to areas of the foot. Random stabbing pain in big toe and along the 6 inch incision along the arch of the left foot. Physical therapists are 'amazed' at the radical removal of the fascia and nerve for a simple 'lump'.

I've read Scott's 18 page document and found a warning to NEVER HAVE SURGERY for pain in the arch of the foot. Wish I (or my doctor) had found this site before the surgery, although I was lead to believe this was a routine procedure and the only risk was delaying the surgery.

Thanks for your response and concern.

Alex on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006967)

Kelus,
No formal tests performed (i.e. X-ray, MRI etc). The doctor just touched the 'bb sized' lump and diagnosed. There was no pain to the touch, just occasional throbbing for a minute or two. Again my concern was knee pain which I assumed was being caused by my favoring the left side of my foot. Here's a quote from Scott's 18 page document on Plantar Fasciitis: 'damage to the long plantar ligament (pain should be deeper and not sensitive to touch - should be treated identically to PF, but DO NOT get the PF release surgery), '

Wish I (or my doctor) had found this site before Surgery !!

Thanks for your concern !!!