Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Gordon on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006962)

Yes I think there is. Over the last 6 months or so I have seen a number of people with Carpel tunnel or other wrist problems. I think that for come chronic sufferers this problem (PF) is a symptom of a deeper problem and so it may manifest itself in more than just the feet. The reason it picks the feet first is because a)that is the highest stressed portion of our limbs b)circulation is difficult in the feet because like the hands they are a dead ended fluid path
c)feet are more likely to run into over abuse. Fingers and wrists are next becuase they are also dead ended. Shoulder and neck problems are also common. Although these are not dead ended they are often highly stressed or repetitively stressed or just plain to weak to do the job.
I believe Scott said he also had Carpal tunnel at one time. I also have wrist problems.
The problem is some sort of arthritic condition that the rheumatoligists can't pin point. I am looking for a cause in the digestion system. Check out 'leaky gut' syndrome. It is about toxins geting into the blood stream due to a variety of gut problems.
If you read my past post you will see what I'm talking about.
Of course, I doubt that all PF people will have this problem, but I got 'better' using daily exercise and VIT c, E etc., same as Alicia.