Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lisa, PF problem solving group?

Posted by Gordon on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006973)

I am interested in really solving this problem, rather than just dealing with it. I know this may take years but so what.
Anyhow, from my experience, and from what I see on this site, I don't think any doctors know the root cause of our problem (for Chronic sufferers). People who have had this less than 2 years I wouldn't call chronic yet.
Some of the things I've learned so far are
1) Vitamins are a lot more effective if you combine them with daily aerobic activity (not neccesarily on your feet)
I previously did a long piece on excerise you can do at home without hurting your feet. I'll repost my 'cure' if you haven't seen it.

2) Heavy exercise makes the burning go away for me when I combine with ice.
3) Rest doesn't really help. It just makes the pain go away temporarily. This doesn't mean stay on your feet. It just means that when you get off your feet start your areobics right away and you'll feel better within the hour. (For me anyways it works)

4)Anti-inflam do very little for the burning.
5) Exercise helps mood which helps healing
6) Exercise lowers weight.
7)I never wear socks and that really helps ease the burning
8) I kick my shoes off whenever I sit down to let them cool and I massage one foot with the heel of the other.
9)I never walk barefoot
10) If I am acitve (hiking etc.) I carry an ice bag and ice every 1/2 hr or so I stop and ice and it works great.
11) If I'm active around the house painting etc. I stop frequently and ice for a few minutes.
12)Exercising in the morning is best because it gets your feet happy for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, I'm trying to see if clearing up the gut problems will solve this problem. The problem is that most docs don't recognize high concentrations of Candida and Blastocysits and lack of any Lacobysilis a problem. So I'm dealing with a doc who works with a research group in Bremerton WA studying leaky gut syndrome.
If other people on this site would get checked out with this great smokies Lab it may point to a common problem. It's risky in that we may not find anything but I have tried everything else, magnets, lots of acupunct, drugs, Mayo clinic two weeks, etc. I'm doing OK. In fact, I look healthier than ever at 145 lbs. and very lean and people don't see the pain and understand that you really can't play the games (soccer Judo etc.) I have to exercise a lot to keep the pain down so I have no choice but to stay in shape.

Most Doctors don't try to figure the problem they just try to relieve the symptoms. That's the trouble with modern medicine. They don't care if you live healthy, just as long as you stop moaning they're satisfied.

Enough moaning. It appears that you are interested in the gut thing.
You want to give it a try. I could get my doc to give you the name of someone in your area (if possible). I think your best bet is to Contact the Great SMokies Lab and see if tehy can find somenone in your area.

Gordon

Re: Lisa, PF problem solving group?

Lisa on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006980)

Gordon, FYI, there seems to be another Lisa posting here. I'm Lisa with capital L. The other Lisa is lower case L.

Re: Lisa, PF problem solving group?

Lisa on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006980)

Gordon, FYI, there seems to be another Lisa posting here. I'm Lisa with capital L. The other Lisa is lower case L.