Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Gordon: regarding problem solving group.

Posted by Lisa on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006979)

Hi Gordon. Thanks for your interest in me and in wanting to get this thing solved. I've got some concerns, particularly about the exercise. I would like to know more about how you exercise to help ease the pain. Must be a non-aerobic, non-weight bearing exercise. Tell me more. Any type of exercise that puts stress on the foot seems to me would irritate the problem.

Having been dealing with this for 10+ years, I would say I am a chronic sufferer.

Unless I missed something, how do you possibly carry ice with you if you are hiking, or doing anything else, without it melting. I've even tried a cooler but it melts. I live in south Florida.

Perhaps your lean body weight is a key to your success. What about those of us who are over ideal weight?

I agree about modern medicine -- what good is relieving symptoms? A cure is what we need for this.

I'm interested in learning more about the 'gut thing'. I did a little reading in Michael Murphy's books on Nutrition. But I would like to know more. I read that tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, mushrooms(?) are to be avoided for people with inflammatory issues. (The nightshade plants) Haven't tried it, but I do eat a lot of tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms....

I think I got lost on the connection between the Great Smokies Lab. And, yes, if you locate a doctor in southwest Florida, let me know. It's worth a shot.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lisa