Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A suggestion

Posted by Gordon on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (006997)

1)1st suggestion:
Keep printout or computer file history of other people with similarities to yourself.
This may take a while (years to solve) and we all need to find trends of success in similar cases.
2)If you use swimming for exercise, wear your orthodic shoes or birks to the edge of the pool to minimize bare foot. Then have someone put them off to the side and retreive later. Don't push off the side with your feet and don't kick very hard at first. I wear my birks even in the public pool shower.
3)I had the burning really bad for 2 years. I sometimes stuffed my socks with ice on the bottom while I layed down. Also bought a TENS unit and used that at nigh while sleeping (1/2 hr. timer). Both helped.

I think it was the VIT C and execise that helped the most. Also, one other thing that really helped was 5-HTP which is a natural form of Hydroxotryptaphan (or something lke that). Relaxes the nerves and helps with the burning. Don't get the cheap stuff, it doesn't work.
Takes about 2 weeks to noice the difference. Kind of works like prozac without the side effects. I haven't used it for a while because I don't get the burning that bad as long as I exercise.

Stay in touch

Good luck

Gordon

Re: A suggestion

Lisa on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007018)

Thanks Gordon -- I'm using 5-HTP and Vit C among other supplements...I'll keep at it.

Thanks for your suggestions. You could probably do a good file just on the people posting here and their experiences of what works and what doesn't, especially if you could get enough people to look into the leaky-gut thing.

Thanks so much...the encouragement and advice is well worth looking into.

Re: A suggestion

Lisa on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007018)

Thanks Gordon -- I'm using 5-HTP and Vit C among other supplements...I'll keep at it.

Thanks for your suggestions. You could probably do a good file just on the people posting here and their experiences of what works and what doesn't, especially if you could get enough people to look into the leaky-gut thing.

Thanks so much...the encouragement and advice is well worth looking into.