Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cost of Ibuleve? Do you need a prescription?

Posted by Maura on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (007001)

Jenny, how much does Ibuleve (or similar stuff) cost per tube? And do you have to have a prescription for it, or is available over-the-counter at the chemist's?

I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you, but am still hopeful for myself. So, it needs consistent application? Only once a day or more frequently? So far I've tried it only at night, about 4 times. Hard to say if there has been any improvement.

Re: Cost of Ibuleve? Do you need a prescription?

Jenny Lewis on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007009)

Hi Maura

The Ibuleve can be bought at the chemist's. When I first went to the doc with the heel pain he gave me a prescription for 50 tablets (3 times a day) but they were cheaper over the counter! Our prescription charges keep going up and up. I think it was just under 5 pounds sterling for the tablets. He did NOT tell me that there was a risk of side effects, stomach problems etc. I took them for 3 weeks and they made absolutely no difference, and in the meantime I learned that there could be problems. I was nervous about continuing, and when I went back to see him a couple of weeks later, he agreed that it might be best not to take them. Thanks doc. He then suggested the cream or gel. That costs, I think, about 3 or 4 pounds for a small tube, but I haven't used it for my foot, because as mentioned I had tried it previously a year or two ago, and it didn't help then. One thing I tried on my foot was an ordinary pain reliever, the sort of thing they sell for achey muscles etc. It was very soothing when I rubbed it in, but it dawned on me that the massaging was helping more than the cream. So, now I just massage whenever possible, under the arch mainly, around the back and sides of my foot, and it seems to help a little.

jl

Re: Cost of Ibuleve? Do you need a prescription?

Jenny Lewis on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007009)

Hi Maura

The Ibuleve can be bought at the chemist's. When I first went to the doc with the heel pain he gave me a prescription for 50 tablets (3 times a day) but they were cheaper over the counter! Our prescription charges keep going up and up. I think it was just under 5 pounds sterling for the tablets. He did NOT tell me that there was a risk of side effects, stomach problems etc. I took them for 3 weeks and they made absolutely no difference, and in the meantime I learned that there could be problems. I was nervous about continuing, and when I went back to see him a couple of weeks later, he agreed that it might be best not to take them. Thanks doc. He then suggested the cream or gel. That costs, I think, about 3 or 4 pounds for a small tube, but I haven't used it for my foot, because as mentioned I had tried it previously a year or two ago, and it didn't help then. One thing I tried on my foot was an ordinary pain reliever, the sort of thing they sell for achey muscles etc. It was very soothing when I rubbed it in, but it dawned on me that the massaging was helping more than the cream. So, now I just massage whenever possible, under the arch mainly, around the back and sides of my foot, and it seems to help a little.

jl