Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: wrist-PF connection; also an odd "buzz" in the feet

Posted by Maura on 5/18/99 at 00:00 (007002)

Gordon, interesting correlation of the wrists with the pf. I also have a wrist problem--tendonitis. It began with too much carrying around of my then-16-pound baby all the time. I wear a wrist brace as needed and take NSAIDs for that. My PF also was a result of the baby, it began during pregnancy.

In addition to the typical pain upon rising, I frequently get what I can only describe as a 'buzzing' in my feet, esp. the right foot. It is an odd neurological sensation that seems to come out on the outer top of the foot. I am wondering if it is related to the PF. Anyone else have this?

Lisa on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007019)

I get this buzz in my feet too. I call it a burning, pins and needles, electrical feeling in my feet. The doctor called it tingling and said it was due to nerve entrapment, and therefore is working on getting the inflammation down to release the nerve. I also have tarsal tunnel syndrome which is this nerve inflammation...Ice and rest works the best to cut down the inflammation.

Nothing in my wrists (yet).

I wonder what will happen if the inflammation never goes away...if you do some searching on the web about nerve disorders and inflammatory conditions the conditions are scary...

Lisa

Lisa on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007019)

I get this buzz in my feet too. I call it a burning, pins and needles, electrical feeling in my feet. The doctor called it tingling and said it was due to nerve entrapment, and therefore is working on getting the inflammation down to release the nerve. I also have tarsal tunnel syndrome which is this nerve inflammation...Ice and rest works the best to cut down the inflammation.

Nothing in my wrists (yet).

I wonder what will happen if the inflammation never goes away...if you do some searching on the web about nerve disorders and inflammatory conditions the conditions are scary...

Lisa