Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

does alcohol effect pf and heel pain?

Posted by troy on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007008)

does alcohol effect pf and heel pain? I go out on the weekends and it seems it does get worse. Any have a comment on this?

Re: does alcohol effect pf and heel pain?

John C. on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007010)

Troy,
I don't know about the alcohol. Is it possible you are on you feet more or maybe even less? A change here could have some effect. What about your shoes? Do you wear something different on the weekend? A change in shoes could have an effect.
I wear a different set of shoes on the weekend and, fortunately, my foot gets better. I'm also on my feet more since I have a desk job.

Good luck.

John C.

Lisa on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007015)

Alcohol, as most people know, isn't good for the body. It can deplete many of the essential nutrients and vitamins your body needs. Among other things, alcohol depletes zinc, Vit A which is important for cell function, B6 which can impair nerve function and break down the immune system, B1 which is important for energy, Vit C, amino acids, and antioxidants which are important to fight off the free-radicals(highly reactive toxins in our body). It also depletes other important vitamins. When your immune system is not working properly, it is not possible for the body to fight infection or to heal properly, thus the possible reason for PF flaring up.

I was reading (and I wish I could tell you where right now, but I cannot remember) that the alcohol could have a direct corelation to the inflammation because it breaks down all the essential vitamins and healing processes in your body that work as an anti-inflammatory. In fact, it can even cause the PF to flare and become more inflamed...Interesting. Besides, it's not good for the digestive system either.

You decide...

Lindy on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007023)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find a beer or two gives me some relief from the pain, just by slightly numbing my senses. In the summer at the beach, I've been known to take 2 beers, put one under my heels(provided it's very cold), and drink the other one. I've had this problem for several yrs. and sometimes I find it helps to just lighten up a little!!!

WANDA on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007030)

I had to smile at your post,thought I was the only one that did those kinds of things at the beach. I to find a good drink does make my feet stop hurting or maybe it just dulls our brain, as long as it works for whatever reason go for it. It seems life is so short now that this curse has hit. When I go to a club now all I can do is set down and that about kills me because I love to dance and wonder around talking to everbody.All my friends cant understand how bad it hurts to have to just set down and then say to everone go on without me,when they want to go bar hopping .

Jackie J. on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007056)

I cant do the alcohl! My next step is the surgery, anyone out there had it?
I have already had 2 surgerys on my toes and they did not help at all!!!
I do not want to go there again.
I want to hear from some one who has had it to see if there are any drawbacks.
Thank you and please Email me if you can help

WANDA on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007062)

Hey Becky sorry but got new e-mail , Hope your having a great night.

John C. on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007010)

Troy,
I don't know about the alcohol. Is it possible you are on you feet more or maybe even less? A change here could have some effect. What about your shoes? Do you wear something different on the weekend? A change in shoes could have an effect.
I wear a different set of shoes on the weekend and, fortunately, my foot gets better. I'm also on my feet more since I have a desk job.

Good luck.

John C.

Lisa on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007015)

Alcohol, as most people know, isn't good for the body. It can deplete many of the essential nutrients and vitamins your body needs. Among other things, alcohol depletes zinc, Vit A which is important for cell function, B6 which can impair nerve function and break down the immune system, B1 which is important for energy, Vit C, amino acids, and antioxidants which are important to fight off the free-radicals(highly reactive toxins in our body). It also depletes other important vitamins. When your immune system is not working properly, it is not possible for the body to fight infection or to heal properly, thus the possible reason for PF flaring up.

I was reading (and I wish I could tell you where right now, but I cannot remember) that the alcohol could have a direct corelation to the inflammation because it breaks down all the essential vitamins and healing processes in your body that work as an anti-inflammatory. In fact, it can even cause the PF to flare and become more inflamed...Interesting. Besides, it's not good for the digestive system either.

You decide...

Lindy on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007023)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find a beer or two gives me some relief from the pain, just by slightly numbing my senses. In the summer at the beach, I've been known to take 2 beers, put one under my heels(provided it's very cold), and drink the other one. I've had this problem for several yrs. and sometimes I find it helps to just lighten up a little!!!

WANDA on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007030)

I had to smile at your post,thought I was the only one that did those kinds of things at the beach. I to find a good drink does make my feet stop hurting or maybe it just dulls our brain, as long as it works for whatever reason go for it. It seems life is so short now that this curse has hit. When I go to a club now all I can do is set down and that about kills me because I love to dance and wonder around talking to everbody.All my friends cant understand how bad it hurts to have to just set down and then say to everone go on without me,when they want to go bar hopping .

Jackie J. on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007056)

I cant do the alcohl! My next step is the surgery, anyone out there had it?
I have already had 2 surgerys on my toes and they did not help at all!!!
I do not want to go there again.
I want to hear from some one who has had it to see if there are any drawbacks.
Thank you and please Email me if you can help

WANDA on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007062)

Hey Becky sorry but got new e-mail , Hope your having a great night.