Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

aching feet

Posted by Marie on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007032)

I have suffered with PF for over a year now. I've tried just about everything and now was considering having my foot casted - to give it a rest. Has anyone had this done and how effective is it.

Re: aching feet

Michelle on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007034)

I had a soft cast, also called a unibootie on one of my feet. It was the worst. I was in so much pain because the cast was too tight and uncomfortable. I wasn't able to sleep and having my foot in the cast, weakened my ankle and did nothing to help my PF or heelspurs. Good luck to you!

Jane on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007045)

Have you tried a night splint? I was ready to go to a cast but stuck with my night splint a little longer per suggestion of my doctor. Boy am I glad I did! I'm not 100% yet but very close. Although I saw a big difference with the first morning step almost immediately, it took a while before I could see relief throughout the day. I know it's hard when you are hurting but sometimes you really have to be patient and give something a chance to work. Good luck!

Jane on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007046)

Thanks alot for the advise. I'm going to try a night splint and use it during the day. I have noticed that when I rest my feet in the proper postion I do feel better. I'll post my results.

elaine on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007049)

Note, as with everyone else, this is what worked with me with bilateral PF. Just as it seemed that I was at the end of my rope dealing with the pain, I found this site. I had previously been to the Dr and got a shot in my r foot. It helped for a few days, but then the pain returned. But after about a year it somehow began to deminish (greatly) to the point where I almost have no pain. I had tried some GS, but not a whole lot, some ice, but not a whole lot, a variety of things that I read on here, but not a whole lot of any one thing. Then the same situation occured with my other foot..but about six months later than the first. Now I am pretty much pain free in both feet. What I think I am trying to say is that I think in my case time and the least invasive procedures seems to have worked. Had I seen this board before the shots I would have not gotten them. I hope this helps you. I would wait well over a year before doing any kind of drastic procedures. Cause when they got better, it seemed to have happened very quickly.

GOD BLESS
elaine

Michelle on 5/19/99 at 00:00 (007034)

I had a soft cast, also called a unibootie on one of my feet. It was the worst. I was in so much pain because the cast was too tight and uncomfortable. I wasn't able to sleep and having my foot in the cast, weakened my ankle and did nothing to help my PF or heelspurs. Good luck to you!

Jane on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007045)

Have you tried a night splint? I was ready to go to a cast but stuck with my night splint a little longer per suggestion of my doctor. Boy am I glad I did! I'm not 100% yet but very close. Although I saw a big difference with the first morning step almost immediately, it took a while before I could see relief throughout the day. I know it's hard when you are hurting but sometimes you really have to be patient and give something a chance to work. Good luck!

Jane on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007046)

Thanks alot for the advise. I'm going to try a night splint and use it during the day. I have noticed that when I rest my feet in the proper postion I do feel better. I'll post my results.

elaine on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007049)

Note, as with everyone else, this is what worked with me with bilateral PF. Just as it seemed that I was at the end of my rope dealing with the pain, I found this site. I had previously been to the Dr and got a shot in my r foot. It helped for a few days, but then the pain returned. But after about a year it somehow began to deminish (greatly) to the point where I almost have no pain. I had tried some GS, but not a whole lot, some ice, but not a whole lot, a variety of things that I read on here, but not a whole lot of any one thing. Then the same situation occured with my other foot..but about six months later than the first. Now I am pretty much pain free in both feet. What I think I am trying to say is that I think in my case time and the least invasive procedures seems to have worked. Had I seen this board before the shots I would have not gotten them. I hope this helps you. I would wait well over a year before doing any kind of drastic procedures. Cause when they got better, it seemed to have happened very quickly.

GOD BLESS
elaine