Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pronator Wraps

Posted by Judy on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007069)

Has anyone used pronator wraps? Got them at the poditrist office. I wear them all day and into the evening! They seem to relieve the pain. The brand name is PSC by fabrifoam.

As we can all see, each person is individual in what works for them. I am getting to the point that I don't want to take any medications, and will work on slower, more conserative, alternative methods.

My chirapractor seems to think the pf has to do with something in my belly area. He & I haven't really discussed it much yet. He did recommend that I try to eliminate carbohydrates from my diet - RIGHHHHT!!!! Have you ever looked at any - and I do mean ANY - food products and NOT seem carbohydreates???!!!!

Re: Pronator Wraps

troy on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007078)

The only diet that has no carbs that i know of is the all meat diet.

Lisa on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007081)

Your chiropractor may be onto something. Search further down and notice posts from Gordon and Scott re: autoimmune disorders. He too, is onto the connection between PF and 'the belly'. Check it out. It's sure worth looking into. I think there is a connection. Imagine if we could clear up PF by going on a simple food-analysis for a while!

lisa on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007090)

take a look at a can of soda...filled with carbs. i tried dr atkins diet which is high protein and low carbs. the diet is doable, but i didn't loose any wieght.

kelus on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007095)

Judy, Hi! I tried the Atkins diet and lost weight. You are not hungry on it, but you get sick and tired of the foot you eat....QUICK!!

On this diet you can eat all the meat you want, any meat...you can eat all the cheese, butter and bacon you want too.

This is a sample meal: Breakfast.....3 egg omelet made with butter, cheese, and bacon.....

Lunch.....a huge hamburger patty served with onions. Salad made with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, bacon, and hellman's mayo....or ranch dressing.

Supper.....as much baked chicken you can stuff into your mouth, and salad as shown above.

NO SODA, BREAD, CORNBREAD.....AND MANY VEGGIES. You can have unsweet tea and water to drink and that's about it.

Like I said I got sick of it quick, but lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

Also, my PF was better during this time....

ALSO, WOULD YOU MIND SENDING ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS...?? I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE 'BELLY' THING!!

Thanks, Kelus

Mohez on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007478)

I have used the same psg wraps. They seem to work fairy well. Do you use
them with or without orthotics ?

troy on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007078)

The only diet that has no carbs that i know of is the all meat diet.

Lisa on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007081)

Your chiropractor may be onto something. Search further down and notice posts from Gordon and Scott re: autoimmune disorders. He too, is onto the connection between PF and 'the belly'. Check it out. It's sure worth looking into. I think there is a connection. Imagine if we could clear up PF by going on a simple food-analysis for a while!

lisa on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007090)

take a look at a can of soda...filled with carbs. i tried dr atkins diet which is high protein and low carbs. the diet is doable, but i didn't loose any wieght.

kelus on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007095)

Judy, Hi! I tried the Atkins diet and lost weight. You are not hungry on it, but you get sick and tired of the foot you eat....QUICK!!

On this diet you can eat all the meat you want, any meat...you can eat all the cheese, butter and bacon you want too.

This is a sample meal: Breakfast.....3 egg omelet made with butter, cheese, and bacon.....

Lunch.....a huge hamburger patty served with onions. Salad made with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, bacon, and hellman's mayo....or ranch dressing.

Supper.....as much baked chicken you can stuff into your mouth, and salad as shown above.

NO SODA, BREAD, CORNBREAD.....AND MANY VEGGIES. You can have unsweet tea and water to drink and that's about it.

Like I said I got sick of it quick, but lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

Also, my PF was better during this time....

ALSO, WOULD YOU MIND SENDING ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS...?? I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE 'BELLY' THING!!

Thanks, Kelus

Mohez on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007478)

I have used the same psg wraps. They seem to work fairy well. Do you use
them with or without orthotics ?