Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update

Posted by Bobbie on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007071)

I haven't been posting for quite some time but thought I would drop by and leave an update. I have had pain in my right foot for approximately 31/2 to 4 years. Tried EVERYTHING now seeing a neurologist and am on Voltaren for inflmation and Nortriptylin for chronic pain. I also wear Birkenstock shoes. I am much better than I was before starting the medicine, at least, I can make it through a day at work and don't have to use the scooters at the stores to get around. However, I know that the inflmation is still there and as soon as I quit the Voltaren I will be right back where I was. If I overdo it my feet let me know. I know I can't stay on this medicine for ever but at least it is helping me to keep my job for the time being. Best of luck to all of you and please know that we are all dealing with the same physical and mental pain and frustration!

Re: Update

Lynda on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007105)

Bobbie:

I'm glad to hear that someone else has tried some of the same treatments I'm on for PF. I also take Nortriptyline for my feet, 150 mgs. at night. Do you have a terribly dry mouth as I do? My doctor is trying to taper it and try Neurontin. I don't know if it will work as well. After years of suffering with this horrible condition and many, many treatments including 2 surgeries that did nothing, I guess I'm at a point where I can accept that this is chronic nerve pain for me and most likely realistically will not go way, but I can manage it by pacing myself, taking my meds, and oh yes, my Birks. I have 3 pair, wear them every day. I especially like the Boston style, wear them to work. They're not the most fashionable shoes, but it sure beats the athletic shoes with orthotics I had to wear for 6 years and a lot more comfortable. What style do you wear?

Re: Update

Lynda on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007105)

Bobbie:

I'm glad to hear that someone else has tried some of the same treatments I'm on for PF. I also take Nortriptyline for my feet, 150 mgs. at night. Do you have a terribly dry mouth as I do? My doctor is trying to taper it and try Neurontin. I don't know if it will work as well. After years of suffering with this horrible condition and many, many treatments including 2 surgeries that did nothing, I guess I'm at a point where I can accept that this is chronic nerve pain for me and most likely realistically will not go way, but I can manage it by pacing myself, taking my meds, and oh yes, my Birks. I have 3 pair, wear them every day. I especially like the Boston style, wear them to work. They're not the most fashionable shoes, but it sure beats the athletic shoes with orthotics I had to wear for 6 years and a lot more comfortable. What style do you wear?