Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and the spreading foot

Posted by Thom on 5/20/99 at 00:00 (007076)

I tore the PF in my left foot in 1990 and strained the PF in my right foot in 1992. The morning stiffness has been reduced since the end of my softball career, but I recently have encountered this odd side effect that I can only attribute to PF: My feet seem to be spreading. I once wore shoes size 11E. I'm now in a 12 EEEE, and my feet are pushing out on the shoes. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to stop the spread? I'm running out of shoe sizes.

Re: PF and the spreading foot

Ken on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007092)

It sounds a lot like my feet.What is happening is that your feet are flattening out. Your arch is probably dropping or has collapsed. Everybodies feet drop as we age, some more than others.I wear orthotics to keep the arch up but it is still painful.

Re: PF and the spreading foot

Ken on 5/21/99 at 00:00 (007092)

It sounds a lot like my feet.What is happening is that your feet are flattening out. Your arch is probably dropping or has collapsed. Everybodies feet drop as we age, some more than others.I wear orthotics to keep the arch up but it is still painful.