Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: REPLY

Posted by BOBBIE on 5/22/99 at 00:00 (007126)

Lynda, I have one pair of Birks that I wear everyday. I work in an office and they are not very professional looking but if they get me through the day then I don't care. I take a low dose of Nortriptylin and then hope to work up to a higher dose. The higher dose made me so sleepy that we decided to go with the low dose and work up slowly.

I haven't had surgery but have had nerve tests, cortisone shots, acupuncture, MRI of back, vitamin therapy, magnets, and you name it. I don't think anyone other than fellow PF'rs realize how disabling you can be with this condition. It is so painful and so limiting.

I plan on purchasing another pair of Birks today or some similar type of shoe today. There is a web site that carries clogs for medical professionals and people who have to be on their feet a lot. I thought I would try some on at the store to figure out my size then compare prices with those on the web.

I wish you the very best of luck with your PF.