Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Would love to hear success stories!

Posted by Kimberly on 5/22/99 at 00:00 (007134)

Hi~

I just start having pain and went to doctor this week and was told I had Plantar Fasciitis.
I would love to hear success stories of others who no longer have chronic pain.
I am especially interested in those who have found nutritional healing helpful.

Thanks. :-)

Re: Would love to hear success stories!

Nancy on 5/22/99 at 00:00 (007141)

As I've posted before, I've had EPF surgery twice. Both were a success. The first one in September of 1998 and the second in March 1999. I too first had shots, taping, PT, orthodics, anti inflammatories, etc. etc. etc. and finally had the surgery. Now I have Morton's Neuroma.

Roberta on 5/23/99 at 00:00 (007150)

I think maybe possibly (I hate to say this in case I jinx it) I am starting to get better. I have had PF for 4 months. What seems to have helped for me is finding shoes (or inserts) so I can walk pain free (I wear clogs or running shoes w/ orthotics only - I have actually found generic inserts at a running store that work as well as orthotics I paid top $ for). Never walking barefoot or in shoes that hurt my foot.

And most important stretching and icing. I do a lot of hamstring and very careful calf stretches (only ones that don't hurt my foot). I also just started these stretches where you sit with your legs out in front of you and flex your toes then twist your feet out to the sides, then bring your feet back up and flex your feet and toes then twist you feet out to the side again. Then slowly lower your feet and again twist them out to the side. Then point your toes and twist them out to the side. I personally think these stretches were the turning point in my recovery. I was getting no better until I started these about 3 weeks ago, and now I am almost pain free. A massage/rolfing person suggested them. She said because the muscles of the calf insert on the bottom of the foot they put pressure on and stress the fasci when they are tight. This helps loosen them or something. I don't know but I am actualy starting to feel better and I HAVE GONE RUNNING TWICE THIS WEEK!!

elaine on 5/25/99 at 00:00 (007207)

I consider myself a success story. But i'm not sure exactly why, as I've posted before on here. I've tried a variety of the least expensive, non-invasive procedures. But I think time was the best healer with a lot of patience thrown in on the side. I use over the counter arch supports DYNASTEPS. Had to give up the aerobics, but now control my weight with Dr. Atkins diet. So i'm happy :)

Good luck and God Bless

Nancy on 5/22/99 at 00:00 (007141)

As I've posted before, I've had EPF surgery twice. Both were a success. The first one in September of 1998 and the second in March 1999. I too first had shots, taping, PT, orthodics, anti inflammatories, etc. etc. etc. and finally had the surgery. Now I have Morton's Neuroma.

Roberta on 5/23/99 at 00:00 (007150)

I think maybe possibly (I hate to say this in case I jinx it) I am starting to get better. I have had PF for 4 months. What seems to have helped for me is finding shoes (or inserts) so I can walk pain free (I wear clogs or running shoes w/ orthotics only - I have actually found generic inserts at a running store that work as well as orthotics I paid top $ for). Never walking barefoot or in shoes that hurt my foot.

And most important stretching and icing. I do a lot of hamstring and very careful calf stretches (only ones that don't hurt my foot). I also just started these stretches where you sit with your legs out in front of you and flex your toes then twist your feet out to the sides, then bring your feet back up and flex your feet and toes then twist you feet out to the side again. Then slowly lower your feet and again twist them out to the side. Then point your toes and twist them out to the side. I personally think these stretches were the turning point in my recovery. I was getting no better until I started these about 3 weeks ago, and now I am almost pain free. A massage/rolfing person suggested them. She said because the muscles of the calf insert on the bottom of the foot they put pressure on and stress the fasci when they are tight. This helps loosen them or something. I don't know but I am actualy starting to feel better and I HAVE GONE RUNNING TWICE THIS WEEK!!

elaine on 5/25/99 at 00:00 (007207)

I consider myself a success story. But i'm not sure exactly why, as I've posted before on here. I've tried a variety of the least expensive, non-invasive procedures. But I think time was the best healer with a lot of patience thrown in on the side. I use over the counter arch supports DYNASTEPS. Had to give up the aerobics, but now control my weight with Dr. Atkins diet. So i'm happy :)

Good luck and God Bless