Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Let's create a list for doctors--things we wish they had told us!

Posted by Sandra Z on 5/24/99 at 00:00 (007167)

It strikes me that many doctors are ignorant about PF--I wish mine, for example, had told me to wear a shoe with a heel immediately after I got out of a removeable cast, for the inactivity had shortened the tendon and made my leg susceptible to reinjury. Scott's 18 page document is excellent but doctors are not going to be motivated to read something that long, so please post here any advice you wish you had gotten, and we can create a shorter, 'bullet-point' type document that we can give to our doctors. If we don't educate them, who will?

Re: Let's create a list for doctors--things we wish they had told us!

WANDA on 5/24/99 at 00:00 (007190)

When i found out something was wrong with my feet I was told my arches had fallen I'm getting older(not old) I made a comment that hey everthing else is falling why not . I was walking 7 miles a day. The foot dr said it was ok for me to continue to walk those miles , it would't hurt a thing GOOD GOD was he wrong !!!!!!!!!!! the dr i'm seeing now told me that that me walking was putting tiny cuts along the tendon . In other words he hurt me real bad by telling me to keep on walking

Re: Let's create a list for doctors--things we wish they had told us!

WANDA on 5/24/99 at 00:00 (007190)

When i found out something was wrong with my feet I was told my arches had fallen I'm getting older(not old) I made a comment that hey everthing else is falling why not . I was walking 7 miles a day. The foot dr said it was ok for me to continue to walk those miles , it would't hurt a thing GOOD GOD was he wrong !!!!!!!!!!! the dr i'm seeing now told me that that me walking was putting tiny cuts along the tendon . In other words he hurt me real bad by telling me to keep on walking