Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

After my EPF surgery, my dotor had me walking the next day

Posted by Becky on 5/24/99 at 00:00 (007192)

No telling how bad I hurt myself and how much scar tissue I caused. Many doctors have told me to keep walking, to never stop walking. What a lie. They should have said, stretch, ice and rest, stretch, ice and rest. If I would have done that in 1995, I probably would be better now. NOw my fascia is sooo tight that stretching doesn't do any good. I do it anyway though.

Re: After my EPF surgery, my dotor had me walking the next day

Sarah on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007354)

Find a good dr early in the game. Becky is right. DO NOT continue to walk for miles and miles. Stretch,ice, stretch, ice, and switch forms of exercise to biking or swimming. I'm one of the lucky few who had a good dr. early in the game and wow, after reading this sight I am both grateful and depressed.

Re: After my EPF surgery, my dotor had me walking the next day

Sarah on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007354)

Find a good dr early in the game. Becky is right. DO NOT continue to walk for miles and miles. Stretch,ice, stretch, ice, and switch forms of exercise to biking or swimming. I'm one of the lucky few who had a good dr. early in the game and wow, after reading this sight I am both grateful and depressed.