Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Eat to live...

Posted by Alicia on 5/25/99 at 00:00 (007201)

Gordon: Wow! I guess the old adage 'Eat to live, don't live to eat' has taken on a new meaning for you. I admire you for trying this diet (although I know some of it is necessary because of esophagus damage-ouch!). You sound like you have a great attitude toward most things and I think this has a lot to do with it. I try to take care of myself (bad family history of strokes, diabetes, aneurysms and general poor health), but food is my last frontier. I eat healthy meals and try to follow the food pyramid, but I eat larger portions than I should and CANNOT stay away from cookies and chocolate. Until my PF began keeping me from pretty vigorous weight-bearing exercise, I could keep the weight down, but I'm having a little more trouble controlling it now. I really need to concentrate on the diet and I'm trying to derive inspiration from you. Thanks for sharing. Good luck and I hope you're back to something other than blender-fare soon.