Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Now it hurts on top!

Posted by Kathy on 5/26/99 at 00:00 (007228)

Three months ago I was diagnosed with plantar faciitis. I started wearing a nite splint. About two weeks ago I woke up during the night and my foot was tingling all over. For a couple of days the top of it felt like it was bruised. Now it feels like a screw driver is prying the bones apart between the big toe bone and the next bone. Very technical terms. I have to go on a business trip next week, but will see the Dr. the next week.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Now it hurts on top!

troy on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007234)

how long have you been wearing splints? My first few nights i had them too tight and i had pain on top. hope this helps

Andi K on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007261)

I know that feeling. I bet the splint is too tight around your foot. Good luck.

Kathy on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007262)

I had been wearing the splint for two months. I stopped wearing the splint hoping that the pain would ease. It has not.

Nancy M on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007263)

I also have pain on the top of my right foot but mine is a neuroma (pinched nerve)it's a burning feeling on top and also bottom of the foot. My pain is between the second and third toe. I also had a neuroma on my left foot between the third and fourth toe and had surgery to remove. Apparently it can show up anywhere there is a nerve from what I've read on the web. I've also had EPF surgery on both feet which were both successful.

Jane on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007273)

I had the same problem while wearing my night splint. I don't know what kind you have but mine has two velcro straps around the foot. I crossed the two straps and the problem went away. Good Luck!

troy on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007234)

how long have you been wearing splints? My first few nights i had them too tight and i had pain on top. hope this helps

Andi K on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007261)

I know that feeling. I bet the splint is too tight around your foot. Good luck.

Kathy on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007262)

I had been wearing the splint for two months. I stopped wearing the splint hoping that the pain would ease. It has not.

Nancy M on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007263)

I also have pain on the top of my right foot but mine is a neuroma (pinched nerve)it's a burning feeling on top and also bottom of the foot. My pain is between the second and third toe. I also had a neuroma on my left foot between the third and fourth toe and had surgery to remove. Apparently it can show up anywhere there is a nerve from what I've read on the web. I've also had EPF surgery on both feet which were both successful.

Jane on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007273)

I had the same problem while wearing my night splint. I don't know what kind you have but mine has two velcro straps around the foot. I crossed the two straps and the problem went away. Good Luck!