Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

something new

Posted by Roberta on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007241)

Well, I am a total novice in the world of PF compared to you guys. I have only had it for four months - I have two sets of orthotics, one set just normal inserts, two doctors and one totally worthless podiatrist, and one trip to a rolfer/massage person. The massage was the most helpful. Tomorrow I am trying something new. There is a woman who does integrative rehabilitation. I think she has a physical therapy degree and she does massage. I talked to her and she sounds great! She has no doubt she can help me. She (finally no other doctor has) thinks everything is related. The fact that I have had sciatica for 15 years, the fact that I only get injured on my right side...... She looks at your whole body and figures out where your imbalance or whatever is and goes from there. It is going to be expensive because of course my insurance has no interest in covering it, but I have my fingers crossed.

Re: something new

Gina on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007250)

Have had PF over 2 years, with most of the treatments mentioned by other posters. SLOWLY, it is improving. Just started working with a physical therapist in an alternative health care setting; she sounds very similar to the person you are seeing. Spent an hour and a half today examining my entire body alignment and tender spots. To begin with, she will do trigger-point release therapy, along with Feldenkrais (I know that isn't spelled right!) exercises to realign body parts out of wack because of changing my walk due to PF. I also have scioliosis and she will take that into account as well. Fortunately, since my ortho wrote a prescription for this physio, my insurance will cover it. Hope it helps.

Re: something new

Gina on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007250)

Have had PF over 2 years, with most of the treatments mentioned by other posters. SLOWLY, it is improving. Just started working with a physical therapist in an alternative health care setting; she sounds very similar to the person you are seeing. Spent an hour and a half today examining my entire body alignment and tender spots. To begin with, she will do trigger-point release therapy, along with Feldenkrais (I know that isn't spelled right!) exercises to realign body parts out of wack because of changing my walk due to PF. I also have scioliosis and she will take that into account as well. Fortunately, since my ortho wrote a prescription for this physio, my insurance will cover it. Hope it helps.