Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

neuroma/sugery

Posted by Alison on 5/27/99 at 00:00 (007264)

Nancy, did surgery help? I'm to see a foot/ankle Doc tuesday about removing aomething called 'fibroma' or 'gangleon' near my 4th & 5th toes. One doc said it's probably not a neuroma as I don't have tingling. I've been told that the drawback to surgery is that it leaves scar tissue that could also cause pain. What was your experience?

Re: neuroma/sugery

Nancy M on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007268)

Yes, the surgery helped - no pain now. I go back to the doctor after my new orthodics are ready to see what we're going to do about the one in the right foot. It might be another shot which helped for a couple of days and that was two days after the shot, or schedule surgery. I'm guessing surgery again since we know from experience (shots, PT, etc.) that those things do not work for me.

Re: neuroma/sugery

Nancy M on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007268)

Yes, the surgery helped - no pain now. I go back to the doctor after my new orthodics are ready to see what we're going to do about the one in the right foot. It might be another shot which helped for a couple of days and that was two days after the shot, or schedule surgery. I'm guessing surgery again since we know from experience (shots, PT, etc.) that those things do not work for me.