Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

low-carb diets

Posted by Scott on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007276)

Low-carb diets work great. From what I've seen in 4 colleagues and friends, no other diet can lose so much weight so fast. You can eat all the protien and fat you want. 200 mcg chromium and pancreatin enzymes with each meal will help stabilize blood sugar, digestion, and decrease appetite. The only problem is that it's actually the zero-carb that's needed. One coke or one bag of chips a day ruins the 'catabolic' breakdown of the fat that occurs after being on the diet for about 2 weeks: the 4th week is when the real dramatic decreases in weight start (a couple of people told me they lost 10 pounds a week for several weeks and they really looked it). It is not an unhealthy diet unless you have fairly serious kidney problems. The only reason it is not the healthiest diet is because of the lack of fruits and vegetables. After 4 or 5 months of sticking strictly to it, the dramatic weekly decreases in weight will stop and you can return to a normal, decreased calorie diet, that still includes zero sugar (sugar is basically about as dangerous as smoking). 200 mcg chromium with each meal will help. And of course at least 4,000 mg C spread out over each day each day.

Re: low-carb diets

elaine on 5/29/99 at 00:00 (007322)

Hey everyone,
This site has helped me with more than the PF. I found out about low carb dieting through this site..and since Easter have lost about 15 pounds. I reached my goal weight a while back, I just wanted people to know that it has worked..and as to whether or not it has helped, I do not know for sure, I know that I am much better, due to what I am not sure, I have been doing a variety of things that I have found through here. Just hope it continues.
Also, get the book on this diet. It answers a lot of questions I had. It is sooooooooo nice though to go to breakfast with my 'dieting' friends and watch them eat dry toast while I am enjoying an omlet. They refuse to believe I am dieting so oh well......
God Bless
elaine

Re: low-carb diets

elaine on 5/29/99 at 00:00 (007322)

Hey everyone,
This site has helped me with more than the PF. I found out about low carb dieting through this site..and since Easter have lost about 15 pounds. I reached my goal weight a while back, I just wanted people to know that it has worked..and as to whether or not it has helped, I do not know for sure, I know that I am much better, due to what I am not sure, I have been doing a variety of things that I have found through here. Just hope it continues.
Also, get the book on this diet. It answers a lot of questions I had. It is sooooooooo nice though to go to breakfast with my 'dieting' friends and watch them eat dry toast while I am enjoying an omlet. They refuse to believe I am dieting so oh well......
God Bless
elaine