Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

This may be a stupid question....but.....

Posted by kelus on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007281)

I am sure you all will think that I am retarded for asking this question, but I was just wondering.....
Is there a such thing as a orthopedic shoe or a sandal that can be made with your Orthotic built into the shoe?

I would love to have a sandal with my orthotic built in!
I LOVE SANDALS IN THE SUMMER.....but when I where them and go without the orthotic, I start falling again...my right ankle will just snap right out from under me...twisting to the outside. It is so weak.
My Dr. says it is because my feet are not leveled out without the orthotic.

take care, Kelus

Re: This may be a stupid question....but.....

Bea on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007283)

If you wear Birks , because of the cork sole they eventually form a custom orthotic of your foot. I have had much luck with them. Be sure & get fitted properly. Their sizes are not reliable, you have to try them on.

Lola on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007289)

You can also have orthotic sandals made. They look like Birks, but the entire sole is the special orthotic. I haven't ordered a pair yet, but they were with the brochure the doc gave me with my slip in orthotics. They look cool. I just don't wear sandals much.

Bea on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007283)

If you wear Birks , because of the cork sole they eventually form a custom orthotic of your foot. I have had much luck with them. Be sure & get fitted properly. Their sizes are not reliable, you have to try them on.

Lola on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007289)

You can also have orthotic sandals made. They look like Birks, but the entire sole is the special orthotic. I haven't ordered a pair yet, but they were with the brochure the doc gave me with my slip in orthotics. They look cool. I just don't wear sandals much.