Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has anyone else been diagnosed with nerve compression in add. to PF?

Posted by Kris on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007300)

I just got back from my ortho ped Dr visit and he thinks in addition to PF that I have real bad he thinks I have nerve compression on the inside of my foot below my ankle bone. Has anyone ever been told this before? He shot it with cortisone to isolate the pain and see if the nerve really is compressed. I was just wondering if anyone else has been told this???

Re: Has anyone else been diagnosed with nerve compression in add. to PF?

WANDA on 5/29/99 at 00:00 (007318)

I may be wrong but I don't think your dr could say you have nerve entrapment without doing a nerve test, and believe me you WOULD remember that little ordeal.You need to stop getting those cortisone shots ,alot of drs will keep pushing the shots on you for the MONEY. I bet he hasn't told you of the dangers that go along with the shot,mine sure didn't, I took three,and never again. I have nerve entrapment in both feet,and god does it hurt. I had a real bad day today,my mother-in-law died last night and I needed some shoes to wear to the funeral,that would look good with a dress,I hurt so bad I couldn't even try on any,I finally found some that will do for a hour or so and then I came home and cried my heart out . I was mad at myself I know I've ask myself what did I do to deserve this curse. Good luck with your feet and keep reading the board.

Janet on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007498)

Hi Kris,

The type of nerve entrapment your doctor is suggesting you have is Tarsel Tunnel Syndrome. The shot he gave you was a diagnostic procedure. The theory is, that if the shot relieves the pain then the nerve IS entrapped. Surgery by a GOOD orthopedic surgeon is not very difficult and fairly successful. The cortisone the doctor used in the diagnostic test won't hurt you. It is a short acting type that dissipates quickly in the body. There is lots of info on TTS around. Good luck.

WANDA on 5/29/99 at 00:00 (007318)

I may be wrong but I don't think your dr could say you have nerve entrapment without doing a nerve test, and believe me you WOULD remember that little ordeal.You need to stop getting those cortisone shots ,alot of drs will keep pushing the shots on you for the MONEY. I bet he hasn't told you of the dangers that go along with the shot,mine sure didn't, I took three,and never again. I have nerve entrapment in both feet,and god does it hurt. I had a real bad day today,my mother-in-law died last night and I needed some shoes to wear to the funeral,that would look good with a dress,I hurt so bad I couldn't even try on any,I finally found some that will do for a hour or so and then I came home and cried my heart out . I was mad at myself I know I've ask myself what did I do to deserve this curse. Good luck with your feet and keep reading the board.

Janet on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007498)

Hi Kris,

The type of nerve entrapment your doctor is suggesting you have is Tarsel Tunnel Syndrome. The shot he gave you was a diagnostic procedure. The theory is, that if the shot relieves the pain then the nerve IS entrapped. Surgery by a GOOD orthopedic surgeon is not very difficult and fairly successful. The cortisone the doctor used in the diagnostic test won't hurt you. It is a short acting type that dissipates quickly in the body. There is lots of info on TTS around. Good luck.