Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ibuprofen Cream

Posted by Scott on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007369)

I have had excellent results with DMSO and crushed ibuprofen, but I need to know if the ibuprofen cream is beneficial so that I can decide if I should keep the link.

Re: Ibuprofen Cream

Mary Ann on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007385)

Do you know the concentration of the cream? The tube says 100 grams. Is the reason for the cream for those who's stomach can't take it?
What is the strength of tablets and amount of DMSO? Thanks

mohez on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007391)

Sorry guys, i am not sure whats going on here. Are you suggesting that
by rubbing this cream on the inside of your heels (thats where my pain
is), it helps keep the inflammation down and thus less soreness. If so
can I buy this cream in Canada ?

Scott on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007429)

I'm not sure what the site's policy is regarding sales to Canada. They are more expensive for overseas sales. I'm referring to the ibuprofen cream link at the top of the message board, which is a product that comes from Germany, but it's called Dolgit and not Ibuleve.

Scott on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007431)

Yes, the cream doesn't have to go through the stomach, so it doesn't cause those kind of problems. The only other danger is kidney trouble (over the long term) but since it's being applied directly to the painful area, not as much is needed. Daypro doesn't absorb through the skin when used with DMSO. I can see it on the skin after the DMSO dries and scrap it off with a knife: it's the same amount as I applied. No noticeble benefit. I try Ibuprofen and it work like a charm. The amount of ibuprofen to use is as much of it (after it's been crushed) that will dissolve in an eighth of a teaspoon of DMSO. It turns out to be about one 200 mg pill. That's all I need to do to get the pain to go away. GNC may not have DMSO. I found it in a small local health food store.

Mary Ann on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007385)

Do you know the concentration of the cream? The tube says 100 grams. Is the reason for the cream for those who's stomach can't take it?
What is the strength of tablets and amount of DMSO? Thanks

mohez on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007391)

Sorry guys, i am not sure whats going on here. Are you suggesting that
by rubbing this cream on the inside of your heels (thats where my pain
is), it helps keep the inflammation down and thus less soreness. If so
can I buy this cream in Canada ?

Scott on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007429)

I'm not sure what the site's policy is regarding sales to Canada. They are more expensive for overseas sales. I'm referring to the ibuprofen cream link at the top of the message board, which is a product that comes from Germany, but it's called Dolgit and not Ibuleve.

Scott on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007431)

Yes, the cream doesn't have to go through the stomach, so it doesn't cause those kind of problems. The only other danger is kidney trouble (over the long term) but since it's being applied directly to the painful area, not as much is needed. Daypro doesn't absorb through the skin when used with DMSO. I can see it on the skin after the DMSO dries and scrap it off with a knife: it's the same amount as I applied. No noticeble benefit. I try Ibuprofen and it work like a charm. The amount of ibuprofen to use is as much of it (after it's been crushed) that will dissolve in an eighth of a teaspoon of DMSO. It turns out to be about one 200 mg pill. That's all I need to do to get the pain to go away. GNC may not have DMSO. I found it in a small local health food store.