Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron a 90% success!!!!

Posted by Becky on 5/31/99 at 00:00 (007403)

AFter coming home from a great holiday trip. I am really in no pain. Of course I am icing and I rested alot between outings (like in the mall and after walking around the airport). I am so thrilled but am just holding my breath, hoping that all the zapping really did work. I rest all I can, wear my orthotics all the time and never go barefoot. I doubt I will ever try aerobics but at least I am not in pain much at all anymore.
Orthoitcs, where in the world. A podiatrist I went to did a pair for almost 400 bucks (not covered my insurance). My Orthopedic (the one that is really good that did the Ossatron) looked at them and almost cried. He had an orthopedist (not an md but the people who do prosthetics and Orthotics etc...) do mine for 90 bucks each. I get a new pair when I need and get adjustments for free as well. Insurance did not cover. Ossatron considered SDS (Same Day Surgery) so covered 100%. Praise the Lord. Finally I am better. Even if I still have to wear my running shoes and not do to much, I don't care. The pain is literally 90% gone.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ossatron a 90% success!!!! - Question

Rosalind on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007493)

That's wonderful to hear about your success!!!! I am glad you are finally without pain!! I hope you can do more of your normal activities with time. Keep us posted.

My podiatrist said he never saw any correlation with removing that 'crunchy stuff' (scar tissue) that is in the heel with a reduction in plantar fasciitis. Can anyone explain to me how the shock wave therapy actually works in alleviating plantar fasciitis?

Re: Ossatron a 90% success!!!! - Question

Rosalind on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007493)

That's wonderful to hear about your success!!!! I am glad you are finally without pain!! I hope you can do more of your normal activities with time. Keep us posted.

My podiatrist said he never saw any correlation with removing that 'crunchy stuff' (scar tissue) that is in the heel with a reduction in plantar fasciitis. Can anyone explain to me how the shock wave therapy actually works in alleviating plantar fasciitis?