Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Celebrex

Posted by Bea on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007477)

Saw the podiatrist today. He is an M.D. so hiw input should be worth something. He is waiting for xrays and then maybe an MRI but feels that arthritus oin back of ankle may be part of my problem. Since I had stomach trouble with Voltaren he presceribed Celebrex. It is new (about 3 months I believe) & would appreciate any info anyone has. If not I'll let you know my experience with it.

Re: Celebrex

Kris on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007488)

I tried Arthrotec (tore up my stomach), Ultram, Daypro and Celebrex. They all did not one thing for my pain. Neither did the cortisone shots and boy do they hurt. The most relief I get is from orthotics, iceing, stretching, taping, and night splints. Good luck

Bea on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007491)

I also do the icing, etc. but my problem is a little different as I have severe achilles heel pain. The Arthrotec & Voltaren both work but tear up my stomach. Supposedly the Celebrex is suppose to be kinder to the stomach. Here hoping

Gina on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007507)

Have been on Celebrex for about 3 months and have not had any tummy troubles, but I didn't have those troubles on any of the NSAID's I tried. Have had a very mild reduction in pain--don't know if that' s from Celebrex or a strengthening regimen. Hope it works for you.

Linda on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007531)

I was on celebrex for about a month. No stomach problems but made me feel tired all the time. I went on to Arthotec and thought it was like a miracle drug. For some reason though the Orthopedic changed me over to relafin. Not having any problems with that either. I have a very sensitive stomach from stomach stapling about 14 years ago to loose weight. I have to watch very carefully because I can get an ulcer very easily.

I was disenchanted with Celebrex after hearing a news report on the evening news that your next dose could be your last dose.

Good luck!!

Judy on 6/05/99 at 00:00 (007629)

My poditrist gave me some samples and the drug was great compaired to what I was taking before. I had very few side effects, other than being a bit sleepy the first day or so. Celebrex seemed to work well on the pain. But, then she told me to not take anymore until she could research the news stories.

She found that the really awful side effects were because the people taking the drug had pre existing conditions such as severe ulcers, or othe primary intestinal conditions, causing stomach bleed-outs that were potentially life threatening. If you do not have a history of stomach problems, it can be a really effective drug.

The other NSID I took, Oruvail caused so much gas, I thought I was 'jet propelled'! None of that with the Celebrex.

I am now taking Broelain in hopes I can get off NSIDs completely. I dont like the thought that I must live on expensive prescription drugs long-term.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes for you.

Kris on 6/01/99 at 00:00 (007488)

I tried Arthrotec (tore up my stomach), Ultram, Daypro and Celebrex. They all did not one thing for my pain. Neither did the cortisone shots and boy do they hurt. The most relief I get is from orthotics, iceing, stretching, taping, and night splints. Good luck

Bea on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007491)

I also do the icing, etc. but my problem is a little different as I have severe achilles heel pain. The Arthrotec & Voltaren both work but tear up my stomach. Supposedly the Celebrex is suppose to be kinder to the stomach. Here hoping

Gina on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007507)

Have been on Celebrex for about 3 months and have not had any tummy troubles, but I didn't have those troubles on any of the NSAID's I tried. Have had a very mild reduction in pain--don't know if that' s from Celebrex or a strengthening regimen. Hope it works for you.

Linda on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007531)

I was on celebrex for about a month. No stomach problems but made me feel tired all the time. I went on to Arthotec and thought it was like a miracle drug. For some reason though the Orthopedic changed me over to relafin. Not having any problems with that either. I have a very sensitive stomach from stomach stapling about 14 years ago to loose weight. I have to watch very carefully because I can get an ulcer very easily.

I was disenchanted with Celebrex after hearing a news report on the evening news that your next dose could be your last dose.

Good luck!!

Judy on 6/05/99 at 00:00 (007629)

My poditrist gave me some samples and the drug was great compaired to what I was taking before. I had very few side effects, other than being a bit sleepy the first day or so. Celebrex seemed to work well on the pain. But, then she told me to not take anymore until she could research the news stories.

She found that the really awful side effects were because the people taking the drug had pre existing conditions such as severe ulcers, or othe primary intestinal conditions, causing stomach bleed-outs that were potentially life threatening. If you do not have a history of stomach problems, it can be a really effective drug.

The other NSID I took, Oruvail caused so much gas, I thought I was 'jet propelled'! None of that with the Celebrex.

I am now taking Broelain in hopes I can get off NSIDs completely. I dont like the thought that I must live on expensive prescription drugs long-term.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes for you.