Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for the info!

Posted by Andi K on 6/02/99 at 00:00 (007501)

Sarah, I actually am not looking to get orthotics as I feel the inserts I'm using are doing the job. I do want to have names of reference as I am about to restart exercising and don't know what that will bring in the future. I'm in Cleveland and have gone to two orthos and one pod (who also gave me a shot in the bottom, and then the next visit a shot in the bottom followed by a shot on the side.) After these he told me to keep doing what I was doing, but be a little easy on it. Taking it a little easy is a very subjective statement and I probably should have stayed off it. I am a very enthusiastic, high impact stepper, runner and cycler. My going easy may easily equate to many peoples toughest work outs. I haven't and won't go back to him. Thanks for the name of your Doc. I'm holding on to it hoping I'll never need it! Andi K

Re: Thanks for the information on Birks?

Bobbi on 3/06/99 at 00:00 (005302)

Thanks for the information--I guess I'll have to research where I can find Birks--I live in rural PA--not many stores--have to travel at least 2 hours to get to a major shopping center.

I am so glad I found this sight--it is really helpful--the ortopedic surgeon I am going to see is one of the doctors who take care of Penn State's football team--they have a great reputation. I'll let you know how I make out. Your postings have given me a world of information--I know I'll sure have a lot of questions for this guy.

Please kneep up the flow of information--it really helps--thanks again.

Cheryl R. on 3/06/99 at 00:00 (005303)

I live in PA also, but only about 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh. Any Stride Rite shoe store carries Birkenstocks. That is where I got mine.

Re: Thanks for the encouragement Sarah

Kimbe on 8/07/99 at 14:12 (009539)

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. It does help to know that it is possible to find ways to manage the pain, to some extent.

BTW, Fibromyalgia (FM) is a chronic pain illness affecting muscles and fibrous tissue all over the body. It is in the arthritis family of illness and is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome and a large number of other maladies.

Best wishes for continued improvement.
Kimbe

Re: Thanks for the info.!

Kimbe on 8/17/99 at 20:15 (009834)

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
Kimbe

Bobbi on 3/06/99 at 00:00 (005302)

Thanks for the information--I guess I'll have to research where I can find Birks--I live in rural PA--not many stores--have to travel at least 2 hours to get to a major shopping center.

I am so glad I found this sight--it is really helpful--the ortopedic surgeon I am going to see is one of the doctors who take care of Penn State's football team--they have a great reputation. I'll let you know how I make out. Your postings have given me a world of information--I know I'll sure have a lot of questions for this guy.

Please kneep up the flow of information--it really helps--thanks again.

Cheryl R. on 3/06/99 at 00:00 (005303)

I live in PA also, but only about 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh. Any Stride Rite shoe store carries Birkenstocks. That is where I got mine.

Re: Thanks for the encouragement Sarah

Kimbe on 8/07/99 at 14:12 (009539)

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. It does help to know that it is possible to find ways to manage the pain, to some extent.

BTW, Fibromyalgia (FM) is a chronic pain illness affecting muscles and fibrous tissue all over the body. It is in the arthritis family of illness and is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome and a large number of other maladies.

Best wishes for continued improvement.
Kimbe

Re: Thanks for the info.!

Kimbe on 8/17/99 at 20:15 (009834)

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
Kimbe