Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

please help need advice on PF

Posted by cpb on 6/03/99 at 00:00 (007576)

is there any shops in the uk that supply the proper insoles to help my pf iam 26 and had pf for 7 months it was caused by skipping ive had 2 injections ultrasound and icing because i have been walking wrong my calf musle has wasted and ive been having upper back and neck pain and iam worried its something worse than pf and know the other foot is hurting but not as bad.

Re: please help need advice on PF

Jenny Lewis on 6/07/99 at 00:00 (007653)

Hi cpb

I'm in London. I started feeling the pain about 6 months ago, on and off, and then just on. I went to the doctor who was very unhelpful and said nothing could be done about it, but I could have an x-ray if I liked. Thanks very much. (By the way, I plan to try finding a new doctor!) The x-ray showed that it really is a spur, following which he just confirmed that nothing could be done. Then I found this message board, I bought some Birks and they have been WONDERFUL for me - took a bit of getting used to, but now I cannot walk in anything else and the pain is just about gone. After a day of too much walking or standing it twinges a bit just to remind me, but I cannot believe the difference between now and January! I also bought a pair of their blue rigid inserts which go into 'ordinary' shoes, they sort of help although they are not as comfortable as the shoes.

If you give their head office a call, they can will tell you the nearest stockists (0171-603 2644). Scholls are also good, but I found the Birks better for me personally.

If you are in or near London, their shop is in Neal Street, Covent Garden, not far from the Natural Shoe Company, also worth looking at.

Dr Unhelpful also prescribed anti-inflammatories, which I was not very happy about and after a couple of weeks I stopped taking them because they didn't help, and I didn't much fancy side-effects problems.

Hope this helps - and good luck!

jl

Re: please help need advice on PF

Jenny Lewis on 6/07/99 at 00:00 (007653)

Hi cpb

I'm in London. I started feeling the pain about 6 months ago, on and off, and then just on. I went to the doctor who was very unhelpful and said nothing could be done about it, but I could have an x-ray if I liked. Thanks very much. (By the way, I plan to try finding a new doctor!) The x-ray showed that it really is a spur, following which he just confirmed that nothing could be done. Then I found this message board, I bought some Birks and they have been WONDERFUL for me - took a bit of getting used to, but now I cannot walk in anything else and the pain is just about gone. After a day of too much walking or standing it twinges a bit just to remind me, but I cannot believe the difference between now and January! I also bought a pair of their blue rigid inserts which go into 'ordinary' shoes, they sort of help although they are not as comfortable as the shoes.

If you give their head office a call, they can will tell you the nearest stockists (0171-603 2644). Scholls are also good, but I found the Birks better for me personally.

If you are in or near London, their shop is in Neal Street, Covent Garden, not far from the Natural Shoe Company, also worth looking at.

Dr Unhelpful also prescribed anti-inflammatories, which I was not very happy about and after a couple of weeks I stopped taking them because they didn't help, and I didn't much fancy side-effects problems.

Hope this helps - and good luck!

jl