Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

First day back

Posted by Andi K on 6/03/99 at 00:00 (007597)

Well, I started back on my treadmill this morning. First day of exercise in over 3 months. I stretched for about 3-5 minutes. Walked on my treadmill at 3.0 for 15 minutes and reluctantly stopped there so as not to overdo. (I so wanted to break out to a run and crank up to 7.5, but that may never happen again.) Stretched again for about 2 minutes. Iced for 5 minutes. I did a bit of walking as I did errands today which is not unusual for me. By late afternoon I was feeling a bit of a throb in my heel. Now (late evening) I continue to feel the throb. It's hard for me to believe that this is due to a 15 minute walk at such a slow speed. I really feel like the stretching has been the 'thorn in my heel' all along. We'll see what happens. Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Re: First day back to teaching, ouch!!

Pookie on 3/20/00 at 00:00 (017594)

Today was tough, and without proper shoes it was tougher. I must say, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Nonetheless, I teared up a little on my way home.

After SAS dissapointment I went to Academy, and tried every single pair of walking shoes in stock . . . . . . . . yes, the 30 some pairs they have in stock, including men's walking shoes LOL

I finally tried the Reebock Karma DMX 6 shoes. These have some kind of air cushion system and with the orthodics and all, my feet stayed in the shoes. When I stand they feel cushionie enough, so I dont' feel the floor pushing against my heels. I will wear them tomorrow at school and see if they become my 'karman.' I hope I don't have to shop for more shoes. Of course, I hope I can find some shoes that look dressier enough to wear my dressier clothes.

O.K. as I often tell myself, 'hang in there.'

Pookie

Pookie on 3/20/00 at 00:00 (017595)

Excuse me, but I actually say, 'Hang in there,,,,#$%%.'

Pookie on 3/20/00 at 00:00 (017594)

Today was tough, and without proper shoes it was tougher. I must say, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Nonetheless, I teared up a little on my way home.

After SAS dissapointment I went to Academy, and tried every single pair of walking shoes in stock . . . . . . . . yes, the 30 some pairs they have in stock, including men's walking shoes LOL

I finally tried the Reebock Karma DMX 6 shoes. These have some kind of air cushion system and with the orthodics and all, my feet stayed in the shoes. When I stand they feel cushionie enough, so I dont' feel the floor pushing against my heels. I will wear them tomorrow at school and see if they become my 'karman.' I hope I don't have to shop for more shoes. Of course, I hope I can find some shoes that look dressier enough to wear my dressier clothes.

O.K. as I often tell myself, 'hang in there.'

Pookie

Pookie on 3/20/00 at 00:00 (017595)

Excuse me, but I actually say, 'Hang in there,,,,#$%%.'