Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Do bromelain and pancreatic enzymes work?

Posted by scott on 6/05/99 at 00:00 (007631)

I read in my best nutritional supplement book about bromelain and pancreatic enzymes working for inflammation. It also mentioned quercetin and capsaicin. I've tried the first two and they seem to work. I recommended all of them on my main document, so some here may have tried them. Has anybody else been able to tell if they work or not?

Re: Do bromelain and pancreatic enzymes work?

Judy on 6/05/99 at 00:00 (007634)

Don't know about pancreatic enzymes, but bromelain seems to be doing as good a job or better than Celebrex, Motrin or the other NSID I tried taking. (Without the stomach and gas problems!

My chiropractor suggested the bromelain (that was before I read your main document). He had me start with taking four 375 mg. three times a day (3900mg/day)- an awful lot, but that was just to get the process 'jump started'. He sold the bromelain from his office for $20.00 a bottle of 90. I have since found 1000mg at my local health food store, and will start taking one three times a day and see how that works (3000mg/day).

Do you have any recommendations on dosage? My DC told me it took ALOT to get the desired results.

Scott on 6/06/99 at 00:00 (007641)

1000 mg 3 times a day is about what I sometimes take, but I bet it wouldn't hurt to double it. Just twice as expensive. I'll have to try that capsaicin.

Judy on 6/05/99 at 00:00 (007634)

Don't know about pancreatic enzymes, but bromelain seems to be doing as good a job or better than Celebrex, Motrin or the other NSID I tried taking. (Without the stomach and gas problems!

My chiropractor suggested the bromelain (that was before I read your main document). He had me start with taking four 375 mg. three times a day (3900mg/day)- an awful lot, but that was just to get the process 'jump started'. He sold the bromelain from his office for $20.00 a bottle of 90. I have since found 1000mg at my local health food store, and will start taking one three times a day and see how that works (3000mg/day).

Do you have any recommendations on dosage? My DC told me it took ALOT to get the desired results.

Scott on 6/06/99 at 00:00 (007641)

1000 mg 3 times a day is about what I sometimes take, but I bet it wouldn't hurt to double it. Just twice as expensive. I'll have to try that capsaicin.