Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) for pain relief

Posted by pk on 6/06/99 at 00:00 (007644)

Has anyone tried MSM supplements for their plantar fasciitis? I have had PF for about 4 years now. I also have tendonitis of the elbows (both medial and lateral)(much better since I gave up typing for a living), an old knee injury, and periodic shoulder pain (aggravated by weight training). I read about MSM for arthritis and inflammatory conditions in a couple of different health magazines and bought it. It is supposedly nontoxic with no side effects. I have been taking it for a couple of days now. I thought it was helping yesterday but today I am not sure. It may take much longer to work. I am afraid to ask my doctor if there is a problem with interactions with my prescription meds because he probably will know nothing about it, and therefore just recommend that I NOT take it. Also, does anyone know if there are benefits to taking alpha lipoic acid? I had read good things about it in the past, but I don't remember the details.

Re: MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) for pain relief

Kris on 6/07/99 at 00:00 (007652)

You can search the boards from the homepage at heelspurs.com using MSM as your search word. I found lots of messages about it. I have been on it 2 weeks along with glucosimine/chrondritin but I hear it takes a while to see results... My Dr. has lots of patients and staff workers on it and sees no side effects. Good luck.

lisa on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007674)

i found this site when my pregnant girlfriend needed to know if she could take allergy medicine. it takes about three days to get an answer, but it is doctors and phamracists who answer questions. they cover a wide range of topics including drug interactions.

http://129.137.174.41

Kris on 6/07/99 at 00:00 (007652)

You can search the boards from the homepage at heelspurs.com using MSM as your search word. I found lots of messages about it. I have been on it 2 weeks along with glucosimine/chrondritin but I hear it takes a while to see results... My Dr. has lots of patients and staff workers on it and sees no side effects. Good luck.

lisa on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007674)

i found this site when my pregnant girlfriend needed to know if she could take allergy medicine. it takes about three days to get an answer, but it is doctors and phamracists who answer questions. they cover a wide range of topics including drug interactions.

http://129.137.174.41