Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

puzzled about vit B &C

Posted by WANDA on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007677)

I take 3000mg vit c along with 2 b-complex everyday. I'm beginning to get heart burn or something don't have a gall bladder so rule that out,but it hurts around my heart and middle of my chest so I was wondering if too much C will cause this,I nearly gag on the B.I guess I'm going to have to rule out them by not taking one and see who the culprit is.I had to take 2 tagmets and thats unusual one usually does it.

Re: puzzled about vit B &C

Robin on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007681)

Your post did not say how much B-complex you are taking. You do need to exercise some care in the amount of B-complex or any specific B vitamins (particularly B-6) you take -- they are not quite as poppable as vitamin C. You may want to do a little research to determine what you feel is an appropriate dose.

About 4 years I did some serious 'self-medicating' with heavy combinations doses of B vitamins, specifically to attack carpal tunnel in both hands. I am free of the carpal tunnel now, but I am also aware that I behaved with moderate risk in regard to the amount of B vitamins I sloshed down. I think you should explore it. Chest pains of any type are serious.

Jennifer Whitehead on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007772)

I am curious about your carpel tunnel problem. I also have cps and heal spur in right heal. What type of vitamin regimen did you follow and what would you recommend since yours may have been a little extreme. My doctor want surgery ( bi-lateral) and I just cant stand the thought of it. It has ended my career as a dental hygienist for now. I really would like to get back to work part-time but I cant work with numb hands and an aching heal!! Any info would be greatly appreciated.Sincerely, Jennifer

Robin on 6/09/99 at 00:00 (007681)

Your post did not say how much B-complex you are taking. You do need to exercise some care in the amount of B-complex or any specific B vitamins (particularly B-6) you take -- they are not quite as poppable as vitamin C. You may want to do a little research to determine what you feel is an appropriate dose.

About 4 years I did some serious 'self-medicating' with heavy combinations doses of B vitamins, specifically to attack carpal tunnel in both hands. I am free of the carpal tunnel now, but I am also aware that I behaved with moderate risk in regard to the amount of B vitamins I sloshed down. I think you should explore it. Chest pains of any type are serious.

Jennifer Whitehead on 6/13/99 at 00:00 (007772)

I am curious about your carpel tunnel problem. I also have cps and heal spur in right heal. What type of vitamin regimen did you follow and what would you recommend since yours may have been a little extreme. My doctor want surgery ( bi-lateral) and I just cant stand the thought of it. It has ended my career as a dental hygienist for now. I really would like to get back to work part-time but I cant work with numb hands and an aching heal!! Any info would be greatly appreciated.Sincerely, Jennifer